VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Partially Rated + Deferred claim questions

Rate this question

HONDOII

Question

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker but decided to finally sign up.

I recently received a partial rating on my initial claim (10 years after separation from the Army - 11B). My question with this portion is as follows:

I had a C&P through VES for a benign growth, left testicle service connected at 0%. Now I know for a fact that when asked during the exam how often I urinate, I told the examiner a couple times every hour (side note: it reallyyy sucks) and watched them check the box for that answer on the DBQ. A few weeks later I looked up the eCFR in which benign growths (neoplasms) can be rated as voiding dysfunctions, which can evaluate to urinary frequency, and it's rated at 40%.  I know that it's only speculation since I don't have the DBQ (yet) but barring the examiner changing my answer after leaving the room, what would be the best recourse for correcting the rating?

Second situation:

I received a deferred status on bilateral shin splints but my secondary condition I claimed for left knee pain was rated at 10%.  I didn't think that secondary conditions were allowed to be rated if the primary contention wasn't service connected as well?  Is this an indication that perhaps at least my left leg shin splint issue was approved but requires further examiner clarification for a rating?  Or is there a possibility of the VA revoking my secondary condition award based on the outcome of the primary claim?

As always, I know I need to wait for my BBE and possibly request my C-File, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had any similar experiences in either case.

-Paul

Edited by Mrpdbo

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, don't forget to do what every veteran that takes meds prescribed by the VA for a s-c; don't forget to check the prescribed med for cautions. On your GERD, you say it isn't related to your military service. Do you have hypertension and is it s-c? If so, certain calcium blockers can cause GERD. If so, you s-c back to the HPN. I take amlodipine and it is listed as a potential cause of GERD even though it is often prescribed by the VA. The data is easily available on the internet. Get a IMO and bingo! Veterans should always look up their meds and see the potential side-effects.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks GB

no so for I ain't got HB  but did a Nucular stress test over a year ago and had a note on that test,  but the cardiologist mention I was obese and needed to loose some weight and lose about 60bs and do another stress test.. Well so for I ain't lost any and its been over a Year...I know I need to loose  for my own self  but I just never started a diet to lose yet  I know I need to Bad.

I may ask to go see the MH Pharmacist  have her check all my medications , I am taking at least 12 different meds 8 more non type meds   ask if some I can stop taking. 

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck it really is important because these meds can really mess you up when combined with other meds you take. Sometimes, they know it will cause other problems later on for continuous use over long periods of time but it may be the best choice they can make. Just about all of us can lose some weight; sure is a lot easier to say it than to get anything done about it. Come to think of it, I'm a little hungry right now!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah it is very important  I will check on this ASAP.

my stress test showed an abnormality  but so for they keep a good eye on that...it maybe because of some of the meds I take..thats what I'm/them Dr's checking on now  and of course lose some weight if I want to live little longer.

7 hours ago, vetquest said:

I need to lose thirty-five and have not been so good myself.

9 hours ago, Buck52 said:

the cardiologist mention I was obese and needed to loose some weight and lose about 60bs and do another stress test.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as I need to lose weight, I would be happy with 35 but 60 - 70 would be better. I would think that a lot of us vets are becoming obese because of our disabilities. I know I use my back and nerve pain in the legs as an excuse. I keep telling myself I need to get on the "dusty" treadmill and walk at least 15 minutes a day to start and work my way up. I have lots of excuses not to exercise...I need to stop making them in my case! JMO