VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA status changed from TDIU P&T to Schedular P&T

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

5 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

I never really paid any attention to the letters since I am also retired from the Army

@Richard1954 you have a very convoluted situation.

At this point it seems you have 100% plus A&A, plus Retirement. Not sure how all that works out financially, and not asking, but it seems likely that "getting a job" is not high on your list of things you should want to do.

I will ask if you have applied for SS? as you seem like you are entitled. I don't know all the flavors of SS but with what you post, it does seem likely you should be collecting that on top of your other stuff.

everyone's situation can be so unique that it is mind boggling. not trying to justify it, but different levels of experience at the VA introduces so many variables then add on changes to interpretations, regulations, and court cases yada yada yada and you can get a real fuster cluck.

As for the OP, it seems we were able to wade through his stuff and those point out that he seems to be 100% schedular but not eligible for SMC(s). If that is true he can work as much or as little as he wants.

Someday the Congress will find the political will to update the laws and screw veterans, until that time we can just make sure to vote out those that want to undermine our earned compensation.

2 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

Someday the Congress will find the political will to update the laws and screw veterans, until that time we can just make sure to vote out those that want to undermine our earned compensation.

Wouldn't that be nice....

5 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

in general that is true but on TDIU you are still allowed to make up to annual poverty level wages.

This really doesn't make any sense. Here you are unable to work to make a living but you can get TDIU and make up to annual poverty level wages but not a dollar over.

5 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

you could be in an Iron Lung and code websites.

I guess if Stephen Hawking can do what he did in his condition almost no one is unemployable, except for intelligence.

50 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

This really doesn't make any sense. Here you are unable to work to make a living but you can get TDIU and make up to annual poverty level wages but not a dollar over.

I am going to assume that is a rhetorical statement.