VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA status changed from TDIU P&T to Schedular P&T

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

foreveryoung

You need to make sure on this?

that you may have been awarded P&T? with that extra 50% rating.

That is usually a good sign that ''your disability s not expected to improve in your life time and no exams scheduled at this time''.P&T

if you use a VSO ask him to find out IF they made your TDIU MOOT? He/She can look on the VBMS and see just how they have you rated and if the IU is moot..if you go back to work you need to make double sure you can.  you can also look on e benefits under EOB

What happen to me is I was TDIU P&T For over 10 years and I filed on another separate condition and was awarded a 70% rating, what they did with me they gave me the SMC S H.B. and a final 100% degree in my rating...However they mention nothing about the IU being Moot..so as for as I know I am still considered TDIU P&T  But I Can't work if I was free to do so  because of my  S.C. disability s

• HadIt.com Elder

If your 50%was for increase on the 90% IU  Then you very well Maybe 100%scheduler ? but it should say if they made the IU moot or not?

I know on my e benefits now after I got the 70% rating on a separate condition , it has the circle that enlarges when hoover the mouse cussor over it   that says final 100% degree rating.

• HadIt.com Elder

Humm

Your correct on the 10 years but thats for anything that the veteran dies from  but.

if the veteran was married 2 years prior  and died from a Service connected disability  the spouse is qualified to recieve DIC

Being IU and 100% scheduler is possible.  If one condition is considered to cause your IU and you have other conditions that are 60% you are qualified for SMC S.  Otherwise you have to be 100% scheduler for one condition and have a 60% other rating.  If you are IU and do not have other conditions that are 60% you are not entitled to SMCS so working would not affect you, you would just lose IU.  SMCS is about $350 a month.