• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA status changed from TDIU P&T to Schedular P&T

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

vetquest

This is just my opinion and I maybe all wrong, but   just to let you know I'm in disagreement with you on this.

I see what your saying , but I do have a 90% TDIU P&T Rating...Had that rating now 18 years,  but back on my 14th year of my current  TDIU P&T I filed for another separate  and distinct condition and was S.C. at 70%.......

Ok this got me to the SMC S H.B. but I am still considered to be IU because its my original disability...so unless I get a letter from the VA Stating my IU is moot and I have a final scheduler 100% rating   then I can say I am 100% scheduler and can work if I want to and make so much$$.

if they (VA) gets the SSA income tax report at the end of the year or tax time.. and they want to reduce my IU they can.

Although on EOB (Explanation of Benefits)  on e benefits  it says I have a 100% final degree rating  in the little blue circle and nothing was mention about my TDIU P&T being moot.

so if a Veteran is on IU they need to be careful working  unless they do have the ok for a family type business or work on a family farm to help meet ends meet for the family and then its a set income.

You can't take two ratings and split them  because they only give out the 100%rating . (if that makes a lick of sense?)

Veterans can't have a 200% 300%rating  they may have that in added up percentage's but with the VA were all just considered 100% with scheduler or TDIU P&T  after that this is when the SMC's come into play and depends on the Veterans condition/disability and the loss of use criteria.

all my ratings add up to 195% for a 200% rating by VA Math  but I am not 200%

As I understand this crazy system anyway..and I could be wrong but this is only my opinion and experience from chatting with VSO and other experienced Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

On a normal Note*

I think this is what your referring to?

Take a 100% S.C. Scheduler Veteran/or TDIU Veteran  he has had that rating a few years ...then he files for another condition and gets it S.C. AT 60% or higher...that would get him the statutory SMC Rating for SMCS H.B., but he is still actually 100%scheduler  only they add the SMC....100% Scheduler with SMC S H.B.  or the loss of use SMC with the correct SMC Letter rating.

Also  the TDIU would be included in this  but for compensation purposes a 90% IU veteran is still considered to be 90%  using the 4.15 /16 (a)  (b) extra scheduler  to get him the 100%pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

100%  Scheduler S.C. Veterans can work legally VA Speak..but a TDIU  Veteran is not supposed to be working if he recived the TDIU through the extra scheduler rating system....but they do make adjustments for this so a IU Veteran can work if he needs to.  its kinda a catch 22  or a damn if you do or damn if you don't.

Veterans need the letter from their R.O. making their IU Moot and they need to safe guard that letter with there life.

Buck, what I am trying to say is that I am 100% scheduler due to my combined disabilities.  I am also IU because my one disability is considered my main disability.  Therefore I receive SMC due to being IU for one disability and 60% more.  If I work I would lose my SMC because I do not have a 100% disability and 60% otherwise.

Total Combined Disability

You have a 100% final degree of disability. This percentage determines the amount of benefit pay you will receive.

Rated Disabilities

Table of Rated Disabilities

Disability

Rating

Decision

Related To

Effective Date

maisonneuve injury of the right ankle, claimed as broken fibula and grade III ankle dislocation

Not Service Connected

basilar migraine headaches with bowel and bladder leakage, and history of loss of vision (previously evaluated as headaches)

50%

Service Connected

04/20/2007

tinnitus

Not Service Connected

neuropathy, left upper extremity

30%

Service Connected

11/20/2007

tinnitus

10%

Service Connected

09/25/2017

neuropathy, right upper extremity

40%

Service Connected

11/20/2007

left ear hearing loss

Not Service Connected

neuropathy, right lower extremity

20%

Service Connected

11/20/2007

neuropathy, left lower extremity

20%

Service Connected

11/20/2007

residuals of a heat injury with recurrent episodes of altered consciousness and anxiety to include post traumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder

70%

Service Connected

11/29/2013

seizure disorder (separate from migraines)

Not Service Connected

VA Benefit Information Summary of benefit information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 100%

Your current monthly award amount is: $3592.35

The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2018

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities:

Yes

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:

Yes

The effective date of when you became totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:

October 06, 2017

Edited by vetquest

• HadIt.com Elder

foreveryoung

This is good to know , (you need to guard that letter with your life)

I was on TDIU P&T using the 4.16 extra scheduler at a 90% combined rating and the s,c, condition is not expected to improve on my life time no future exams schedule...that was in 2002..Since then I filed another seperate  & distinct claim  and was awared 70%...they gave me the SMC S H.B. AND A FINAL 100% DEGREE RATING.

The Award letter don't say my IU is Moot? and I got some good advise from a well know Hadit member about my IU not being moot , he said unless I get a letter from the VA Stating my IU is moot   I am still concider to be IU AND STILL NEED TO FILE THE 21 -4140 EMPLOYMENT QUESTIONER in each year  until I reach the 20 year protection Rule  which will be 2022

Hers is a link to one of my post about the Nre Mission Act  you can call  those  No.s  if they don't address your issue about dental.

https://community.hadit.com/topic/74941-new-mission-act-many-questions-answered/?tab=comments#comment-467752

Note: if your 100% and dental won't see you  or if you have any dental issues with the VA Dentist  or want to change Dentist or ask for outside care because your VA Dentist is screwing you around and making you wait long times to be seen...go see your hospital director  if he/she is any kind of a common type sense director   they will help you.

If he/she don't help then just tell  him your going to call the Washington hotline.