VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA status changed from TDIU P&T to Schedular P&T

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't feel confident enough to file a CUE. 

that of course is your choice, but I am curious...okay nosy....what don't you feel confident about?

If what you posted here is accurate you have a valid CUE

Besides filing the CUE does not prevent filing a NOD, a New Claim or a Supplemental claim.

Not trying to talk you into it, just being nosy as to your reasoning.

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Once I received my 100% rating I kinda felt, Ok now I'm done.

we are never done!!!.

there is an article on here from Chris Attig about why we should never stop. I suggest reading it.

It is just a fact, as we age our bodies fall apart in many senses. waiting until that happens to get SC'd for harms caused by our service is disaster for the veteran.

I don't know all the things your are rated for or might be rated for, but the potential for things like A&A could be present as well as other things.

who knows some future jerk at VA might declare there is cure for PTSD and every vet has to take it and then a Congress could say if your are cured, no matter your age, your SC PTSD gets dropped.

Will that happen? I doubt it in my lifetime, but it is a possibility.

before you decide you might want to look on here under @Berta and her postings on CUE she has a whole section on the menu. Also look at @foreveryoung they just posted a sample cue they are doing to get an idea how easy it really is. It is just form and format and knowing the legal basis for your CUE claim. 4.6 and 4.16 come in very handy for CUE and for some so does 4.2.

IN your case the first one is definitely there and probably 4.16.

There are also MR21 entries in your favor that could be / should be included in the cue. and @Tbird just posted a like to the MR21 page for SMC that includes info on TDIU and inferring SMC. I think I tagged you on that post in my repy to her.

Again you do what you feel is right, just don't get yourself on the hamster wheel if a faster path might get you the results you want.

That is MY OPINION and only my opinion. You must make the best decision for you.