VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov on Appeals

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am one of those who checks VA.gov on a regular basis. I was looking at an appeal I have with the BVA. Here is what the first screen shows:

image.thumb.png.8ccaa2a8f1cc94536fc80cabbf33ac10.png

The second screen shows:

image.thumb.png.6b74e0bf1c2743af25ab09475af8c1c0.png

I have not received any BBE or the like, but does this mean they approved my appeal? I know these systems have been known to be wrong but I was wondering.

15 minutes ago, GeekySquid said:

When did they propose reduction and why?

No worries...it was a while back. I had a doctor who said one thing about my scoliosis and how it was very bad  and wrote up that my back was better and also how my femoral nerve issues were better. 

I had reconsideration for my back and knees and an increase for my knees.The proposal came in February and I had sent my evidence in response in May. When I received the proposal I called the WH hotline to see why, after several weeks of no response from the Roanoke RO I emailed the director and asked why they never responded to the WH. That same day I was called by the her office and we talked about the issues. He had them set up another C&P for my back and legs since I told them about the doctor saying one thing and writing up something else. The exam has happened and they had originally set me up hearing that was set for today. I called back the guy from the regional office the day I got the letter (6/10/2019) and told told him that I can not drive the 3 plus hours to the RO. I asked him did they not look at the evidence I sent in for this proposal since I have been on a driving restricting for over a year and still am. He said obliviously no they didn't and he emailed them to set it up as a phone hearing instead. On July 2, 2019 the BVA agreed with my appeal and granted my SA and hypertension. 

I hope I did not ramble too much.

I called 800 number Friday to check to see if my BVA grant had been assigned to an office yet and was told no, it is in the Que to be assigned and who knows when that will be.

I was hoping it would go quicker but that was just wishful thinking on my part. The waiting game is so much fun...NOT

4 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

I called 800 number Friday to check to see if my BVA grant had been assigned to an office yet and was told no, it is in the Que to be assigned and who knows when that will be.

I was hoping it would go quicker but that was just wishful thinking on my part. The waiting game is so much fun...NOT

Don't hold your breath.  My BVA grants of 2/13/19 still have not been processed.

4 hours ago, rockerson said:

My BVA grants of 2/13/19 still have not been processed.

Congrats on winning...that is such a long time to be pending though. Did you have a remand or a straight up grant? Mine was a straight up grant but will need to have blood pressure checks completed before the final rating.