VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another win but .........

Rate this topic

Richard1954

In May 2019 I submitted a new claim for  6516  Chronic  Laryngitis with Dysphonia  The C/ exam was on 28 June ,  I knew when I saw the C/P exam on Monday 1 July  that I had won the claim,  ( its listed on ebenefits as of yesterday as being rated

10% ) and I also knew that I was  going to have to appeal it because the darn examiner did  not  indicated that I can only whisper....  without  a whisper the two conditions are rated  10% with the  whisper they are rated separately at 10 & 60%.... 

This new system is quicker I cannot deny this.. but they are making stupid mistakes which requires more work on the veteran and it will be years before the proper rating is awarded.

since 2016  I have acquired   4 new ratings  50%, 40% 10% 10% combined to 80%.. . ( rounded up from 75.7)

prior to that I  have additional ratings of   60% , 30%, 10% , 10% , 10% , 10 % 10% ..  combined @ 80%   ( rounded down from 83.4)

Combined all the above ratings come to 95.53 ( but the calculator won't add in the last 10% rating) 

I also have a  separate rating of 100%.

I have been  working on getting all my issues service connected and while I win,  I end up having to fight for every award.... 

In my case I am rated 100% and I have A&A @ L 1/2 and  a K award ... already...

But I have been working on getting more ratings to get a higher SMC... ( which has not paid off ) .

What really makes the system stink is that I am only being compensated for the separate 100% rating ..and  A&A plus 50% .... which means I have another 100% but I don't get credit for it at all 

The rating system sucks because as I mentioned in other postings  , three of my ratings 100%,  60% and 50% are all combined into one rating because they are for  respiratory diseases.

I also have an award of TDIU that was not revoked when I was rated 100%.....

It really stinks  that I  literally have two 100% ratings and a TDIU rating  and it doesn't help in getting any more compensation other than the 1/2 step increase in A&A....

The VA rating system is not a fair system.... because in my case I am not being compensated for my total disabilities  as apposed to the separate 100% rating.... 

but I know I am preaching to the choir..... 

anyway... its nice that did get a new win...

Added:  I forgot I also have Four 0% ratings...  Darn the Military really missed up my body.....

Edited by Richard1954
added

• HadIt.com Elder

This  is just one of my reasons I don't pursue other ratable conditions I could get Service Connected and possible be rated, but no more $$ in the pot  for me unless I lose both arms or legs and become a vegetable require assistance from someone to feed me dress me  clean my body  ect,,ect,,  if and when I Get like that  I'm ready to meet my maker.

as member Gastone Would say  take the long dirt nap

In my opinion it's not worth all the stress after you reach 100% and SMC's

38 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

This  is just one of my reasons I don't pursue other ratable conditions I could get Service Connected and possible be rated, but no more $$ in the pot  for me unless I lose both arms or legs and become a vegetable require assistance from someone to feed me dress me  clean my body  ect,,ect,,  if and when I Get like that  I'm ready to meet my maker.

as member Gastone Would say  take the long dirt nap

In my opinion it's not worth all the stress after you reach 100% and SMC's

And would you believe I left off one 60% rating.....  I agree its a lot of work with no payback,  but you never know when the VA is going to decide to downgrade you so it is still better to have all of your issues rated.

I guess you have never read :    https://www.theveteransvoice.com/reasons-to-keep-pursuing-va-claims-and-appeals-after-you-reach-100

or watched:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFUwC0oypQ

It really is always better to pursue every valid issue ......

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

And would you believe I left off one 60% rating.....  I agree its a lot of work with no payback,  but you never know when the VA is going to decide to downgrade you so it is still better to have all of your issues rated.

I guess you have never read :    https://www.theveteransvoice.com/reasons-to-keep-pursuing-va-claims-and-appeals-after-you-reach-100

or watched:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFUwC0oypQ

It really is always better to pursue every valid issue ......

Indeed! I'm 100% P&T and am not giving up on the additional claims I filed recently. I'm under 55 years of age, so having the extra protection against downgrade can be beneficial in the meantime. Additionally, it's a moral imperative to make sure the government doesn't take advantage of my lack of knowledge of the claims system, like they did in the 1990's.

52 minutes ago, Vync said:

Additionally, it's a moral imperative to make sure the government doesn't take advantage of my lack of knowledge of the claims system, like they did in the 1990's.

Same thing happen ed to me in 1986  that is why I am still applying for additional disability....

I think I am eligible for addition SMC right now  because of the way the rules read...but SMC are a hard nut to crack..

For me its more about  the principle..( but I'll take the extra compensation any day)  why in heck would anyone leave something on the table when you are entitled to it....

I guess depending on ones age and what they are currently receiving I can see leaving it alone.

But I am also a believer and making sure you have as many disabilities rated as possible and at whatever highest level possible. For most of us we will never see SMC S unless we have IU and an additional 60%. But one never knows. I am concerned about reductions when I file for an increase (I am fighting one now) but one must fight for what one has earned. I went into the military healthy and now I have more issues than I care to think about because of my time I served. 

I am now wanting to  make sure my wife and kids are taken care after I pass, so I will keep claiming issues as they come up for you never know what will cause one to pass. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use