Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim issues

Rate this question

Rickyfinch

Question

I filed a supplemental claim after the VA screwed up my DBQ during a C&P exam for filing to increase my percentage for PTSD. The supplemental claim was closed Aug 9 with no updates yet on Ebenifits and of course I can't see anything on the decision yet. My issue is when I open the claim under the issues tab is states under the currently under review area that there's a "compensation issue". What does that mean and has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance,

Ricky

2 hours ago, vetquest said:

Richard, I hope that you are mistaken.  If that is true that is plain wrong to the veteran.  We need the SOC to fight our denial.  If we do not have the reason for the denial we are groping around in the dark when we write our appeal.  

Actually... we don't need a statement of the case to fight a denial... all you really  need are your medical records, and a copy of the rating decision and a copy of the rating guideline....  Most statement of the case I ever received we so confusing  that I just ignored them for the most part.. and in all but one case won all my appeals..... Now the official reason for not doing SOC's was to save time for the veteran. We can  now appeal directly to the BVA without waiting on a SOC, some times it would take the VA months to do a statement of the case. Also we also don't have to do a NOD when going to the BVA now, we just appeal and tell them why and what we want...... Of course there goes some due process.. but that is what it going on now.... Factually,  the VA benefited from this more than the veteran, but as I said, you really never needed a statement of the case it was just a rehash of the rating decision anyway.

• HadIt.com Elder

I was just thinking if you have 50% for another disability (or combination of disabilities) then you are eligible for additional steps if you have mobility issues, etc. Just thinking in terms of future issues some veterans have as they age. SMC's are not something I spend a lot of time with on for most veterans I run across. If it applies, then I look it up. I only have so many little gray cells; I can't affort to store that kind of info in there. There would not be any room left for sports stuff.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 9/3/2019 at 5:58 PM, Richard1954 said:

If you supplemental claim closed on Aug 29,  and there is nothing listed on ebenfits for an increased rating or a decreased rating, that it is very likely the supplemental claim was denied.  In my opinion the one thing ebenfits does correctly is to up date the disability awards soon after they make a decision. 

The  new claims procedures have resulted in adverse conditions in my opinion, first while they do process the claim faster,  they are making more mistakes than ever before resulting in more appeals,  2nd the claims information listed on VA.GOV  is confusing and often don't list a status, and many more times list status' that are not defined or make little sense. 

Richard 1954

I stand corrected...there is no SOC sent to the veteran in this new AMA System  after Feb 19th 2019.

I guess I am still living out the Legacy Claims Process.

Hard to get use to this new AMA.

Richard 1954  I apologized to you.  You are correct.

A SOC is only for a continued denial after a NOD is filed in a Legacy claim.

There is also no such thing as a 21-0958 NOD in the new AMA. That is now the 20-0995 supplemental claims form. 

Source: hadit elder member and Certified/Accredited Claims Agent

Alex G Graham aka Asknod