Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supplemental claim granted!

Rate this question

Mover1993

Question

Thank you everyone for all the advice and help. As some of you know, I submitted a supplemental claim for anxiety secondary to tinnitus. That claim was granted today and i got 70%. I'm going to leave up all my posts incase anyone goggles the same issue i had and wants to submit a similar claim. I'm also going to stick around here and help fellow veterans with any questions.  The only other questions I have right now is in regards to effective dates. My ebenefits under disabilities has an effective date of one day after i got out of the military in 2017. However, the benefits summary letter generator says my disabilities have an effective date of dec 1 2018. Which do i go by?

thank you all again!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

• HadIt.com Elder

Mover1993

Congrats on your win with tinnitus  and your welcome to help out here on hadit any time buddy.

I would go with the dates supplied in your decision letter that should be forthcoming.  You can contact the VA to be positive about which date is true.  If the letter date is true you can file an HLR for the earlier date.

Go by the date you submitted your claim i.e., the day after you got out.  The December 1 date is the date a COLA increase was granted and therefor is the date of your current monthly payment.  

1 hour ago, toddt said:

Go by the date you submitted your claim i.e., the day after you got out.  The December 1 date is the date a COLA increase was granted and therefor is the date of your current monthly payment.  

Thank you Toddt

And Thank you to everyone else who answered