Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

They said no to my increase, but gave me a decrease

Rate this question

JaeT.21

Question

Welp, Just found out they closed my claim. Surprise surprise, nothing changed EXCEPT they reduced my GERD from 60% down to 10%! WHY and What the?! So apparently that random C&P without my knowledge played a significant part.

So my questions are the following:

1. Should I reopen my claims or file an appeal?

2. How do I go about getting ALL of my C&P claim notes, especially whatever was said from this C&P without my knowledge?

3. Should I even attempt to ask for the much qualified for increase on other areas of my body, that have gotten worse, or fight this last round of let downs?

I try to explain to everyone when you retire or get out and become a veteran, your own company (the VA) treat you like used tissue. Nobody has any use for used tissue...tossed to the side.

1 minute ago, vetquest said:

A random C&P that you missed is cause for reduction.  Appeal this now and try to reverse the reduction.  File an appeal, do not reopen or you lose your effective date.  Yes, at this point they are playing hardball and I would try for an increase on your migraines and anything else that has changed.  As far as being tissue, I feel more like I was flushed when I was retired.  I retired after eight years but was given a general discharge at first and had to fight for retirement.

Do not let them get away with the decrease.  Appeal up the chain if necessary.

Oh no I didn't miss it. I was told it was an addendum C&P exam based off my VA records and I didn't need to be examined. I never new it happened until 2 weeks ago. Yeah, I haven't even gotten the notification letter. I just saw it all go down on VA.gov and ebenefits. The guy I used is renowned in Jacksonville, so hopefully he will also enthusiastically help me appeal and secure my increase. If not I'm going to use the Vet Comp & Pen company.

I would think twice about using the Vet Comp & Pen company.  You can do just as well by yourself usually.  If it comes to the point were you need a lawyer this company may only complicate things.  Since you have a doctor who is willing to help you appeal to the BVA with an IMO.  Usually when the board has a strong IMO and a weak C&P they can award.  That is what I did for one of my conditions.  If you are denied at the supplemental or HLR with an IMO it makes it harder to go to the BVA and ask for a reversal is why I recommending going to the BVA.  I am not sure but someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can keep your current level if you are appealing.

16 minutes ago, JaeT.21 said:

Oh no I didn't miss it. I was told it was an addendum C&P exam based off my VA records and I didn't need to be examined. I never new it happened until 2 weeks ago. Yeah, I haven't even gotten the notification letter. I just saw it all go down on VA.gov and ebenefits. The guy I used is renowned in Jacksonville, so hopefully he will also enthusiastically help me appeal and secure my increase. If not I'm going to use the Vet Comp & Pen company.

This is the shadiest crap I have heard of, I would be flipping my SH#$ honestly.   I would not be filing an appeal, what I did was wait for my brown envelope and then I wrote very detailed concise emails to every high up person in the VA including documentation how that sc condition had not in fact improved according to all my VA records and voila and email response within days and RO response in less than 2 weeks stopping my reduction and reopening all my other crap, oh and an apology.  askholes trying to get away with stuff outside regulations, and they KNOW IT.  I also had another cp exam for a condition I was seem for while AD and they examiner wrote it all up as if it were going to be rated at the 60% rating how terrible it was, would even impact my ability to work........then said it was from having too many kids??? Except I did complain about it while AD and it was before I had my first child and I did have two children while AD which doesn't matter anyway.   That was also granted in that same letter from the RO, so my 70 IU PT proposal to reduce to 60% then went to 90% IU PT with deferred issues.........I then went to 100% with SMCs all from the same claim.  Amazing what happens when you don't roll over! 

• HadIt.com Elder

Vetquest  "If you are denied at the supplemental or HLR with an IMO it makes it harder to go to the BVA and ask for a reversal is why I recommending going to the BVA.  I am not sure but someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe you can keep your current level if you are appealing."  You are talking about just appealing a reduction in rate situation, or when to use BVA lane in general?