VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Level Review Closed

Rate this question

courage2

Question

I have been trying to get my Sleep Apnea service connected for months. I did a high level review from my C&P case and they just updated va.gov with a status of 

VA Identified an error that must be corrected

VA corrected an error and made a new decision

Current status is the VBA made a decision, read decision letter for more details.

It says currently on review is "Compensation Issue".

Ebenefits shows no change but should I give it another day or two before I decide that they denied my appeal? 

Thanks!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

5 hours ago, courage2 said:

VA Identified an error that must be corrected

VA corrected an error and made a new decision

Current status is the VBA made a decision, read decision letter for more details.

It says currently on review is "Compensation Issue".

Ebenefits shows no change but should I give it another day or two before I decide that they denied my appeal? 

For open claims, stick with va.gov. I tried to find mine in ebenefits recently and it just referred me to va.gov anyway.

For the VA to admit on their own that an error was found could be either good or bad. It's a sign that you were likely appealing a claim in some way. There's really no solid way to assume what that might mean short of receiving and reading the decision letter. They will explain the error that was found how they came to their decision under the REASONS AND BASES section. If you are already getting VA disability or pension payments, check your bank account every few days to see if an unexpected payment from US Treasury magically appears. If it does, that means you won some retro money. Sometimes the money arrives before you get the letter, but it can be the other way around. 

Even after you get the letter, it is worth it to carefully read the decision and double-check to ensure it is accurate. I advise comparing it with the rating criteria online and any C&P or DBQ exam. Sometimes the person at the regional office doesn't read the C&P or DBQ correctly. I had that happen and had to appeal to get them to correct it and award the proper rating.

On 11/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, Vync said:

Welcome to Hadit!

For open claims, stick with va.gov. I tried to find mine in ebenefits recently and it just referred me to va.gov anyway.

For the VA to admit on their own that an error was found could be either good or bad. It's a sign that you were likely appealing a claim in some way. There's really no solid way to assume what that might mean short of receiving and reading the decision letter. They will explain the error that was found how they came to their decision under the REASONS AND BASES section. If you are already getting VA disability or pension payments, check your bank account every few days to see if an unexpected payment from US Treasury magically appears. If it does, that means you won some retro money. Sometimes the money arrives before you get the letter, but it can be the other way around. 

Even after you get the letter, it is worth it to carefully read the decision and double-check to ensure it is accurate. I advise comparing it with the rating criteria online and any C&P or DBQ exam. Sometimes the person at the regional office doesn't read the C&P or DBQ correctly. I had that happen and had to appeal to get them to correct it and award the proper rating.

Thank you, that was really informative. To answer the previous question, all together it took the VA ~30 Days to give me a phone call on my HLR. The lady that called quickly identified the error (They had my service dates all out of wack probably using another veterans data). Once she realized the mistake, she quickly pushed this to the supplemental lane. About a week later from my phone call I noticed the VA.Gov website stated " The VA corrected an error and made a new decision". Nothing updated on ebene nor do I see any retro pay. I honestly dont see how this claim could get rejected, I have a doctor sign off on my DBQ, Nexus Letter, and Buddy statements. Who knows, we will see what the magic letter says. 

• HadIt.com Elder

It could be a date that they are not sure of as to when to make your effective date began?  or the service dates .  but for compensation purposes its more likely the EED.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, courage2 said:

Thank you, that was really informative. To answer the previous question, all together it took the VA ~30 Days to give me a phone call on my HLR. The lady that called quickly identified the error (They had my service dates all out of wack probably using another veterans data). Once she realized the mistake, she quickly pushed this to the supplemental lane. About a week later from my phone call I noticed the VA.Gov website stated " The VA corrected an error and made a new decision". Nothing updated on ebene nor do I see any retro pay. I honestly dont see how this claim could get rejected, I have a doctor sign off on my DBQ, Nexus Letter, and Buddy statements. Who knows, we will see what the magic letter says. 

Thank you very much for letting us know the turnaround time. It really does vary depending on the circumstances of your claim.

I agree with Buck, but the only way to know for certain is to see what is in the rating decision letter.

Unfortunately, there is no way to give an exact estimation as to when the web sites will be updated. If you are due any retroactive payments, they may require extra approvals depending on the size. If you are already setup with VA disability direct deposit, the money might arrive in your bank account before you get the letter in the mail.

I had a c/p exam on my eyes on 24 October ,  the va closed my claim on 30 October.. on 31 Oct I went to ebenfits and it showed my increase from 30 to 60%....

I just go my rating letter today... ebenfits was correct.... 

But all cases are different....