Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA resolution of legacy appeals reaches another milestone

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I saw it. Just wondering if the % of denials went up significantly to reduce the backlog? I guess even that could be  plus;it's a quicker time to start your appeal!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe its working and also speeding up historic appeals.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thank you for posting this Buck.  I hope my legacy appeal will be completed by July, that would be outstanding. 

The numbers in the article are amazing, the raters must be doing overtime and probably some claims have been farmed out.

Thank you again.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Looks promising

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

This all looks great but isn't it just another shell game?  VA lowers the legacy appeals by denying or remanding the appeals giving the claims a date that falls under the VAIM(AMA) or the appeals go to CAVC or the veteran drops his/her appeals. The wait games seems to start all over at the CAVC and under the New Act.  Since my appeal was granted that means I still have to wait.

I think I have to agree with Pete here.  I have an NOD that is supposed to take two years for completion.  I am at somewhere around a year and a few months, I try not to dwell on it and look it up.  I think they are punishing the veterans who stayed in the old system.  I have never seen an NOD take this long before.