Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

unconfirmed skin diagnose ? is it caused by A.O.?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been going round and round with these VA Dr,s because they have diagnose me for eczema, 3 itchy circles on my lower back,,they ruled out lymes disease and some other disease. but is similar in comparison to other skin disease  

before they did diagnose me for eczema ,they took two biopsies and sent it in  and it came back twice unconfirmed diagnoses..

.I ask about a A.O. Claim under the nehmer rule since I was a Vietnam Vet boots on the ground two tours  or extended stay...anyway I have been asking these Dr what is it that is on my lower back? that will not go away or clear up?  give me a diagnose.?

.the intern/resident diagnose it as eczema  and give me two different types of creams/ointments to use to keep the itching down.

I claim its got to be something from the A.O. But these Dr's will not confirm that?

..this has been going on now over 7/8 years ago  it just came up on my back about 8 years ago or so  its all in my medical records.

but since this bogus diagnose  of eczema is not on the A.O. List  grrrrrr  no claim can be filed 

I have ask them if it could be caused by A.O.   They say they don't know? most of the Dr's that have examine me and took biopsies are Residents students  at one point during my examination by one of the VA Dr called in 4 other Dr's to have these resident students look at my skin..I felt like I was on display as a guinea pig.

I still do not believe this is eczema ...But since I can't afford a private Dr  I am stuck as for as filing a claim.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Buck, chloracne is the only AO presumptive skin disease :

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/chloracne.asp

The only vet I know who ever won SC for chloracne due to AO is James Scripps whose BVA win is here at hadit under a search and he also did many Podcast radio shows.

( and his was the FIRST CONUS AO award)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yes, I did win for Chloracne.  I know many veterans but I only know of one more Chloracne win. If it has been more than one year since your last AO exposure, the claim must be based upon a direct exposure claim. A presumption of exposure will not fly after the one year period is over.

Sounds like me after my Cuts turned to like scales and wouldn’t heal. Now with the treatment the Va gave me in left with these red marks all over my arms and legs from the steroid creams but they said it’s not exzema it’s psoriasis vulgaris. Wtf new to me. Do those symptoms sound similar 

image.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder
On 6/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, jamescripps2 said:

Yes, I did win for Chloracne.  I know many veterans but I only know of one more Chloracne win. If it has been more than one year since your last AO exposure, the claim must be based upon a direct exposure claim. A presumption of exposure will not fly after the one year period is over.

James it as been 48 years since I left the jungles of Vietnam. once we were on a patrol mission, there was planes flying over head spraying that crap , they were not directly over us  but we could see them spaying that A.O, Chemical miles away.

..We all were green to the fact to A.O. Back then  and just never thought about it causing us medical problems years down the road WE WERE NOT TOLD...until later .

I did a complete A.O. EXAM BACK IN 1999 at the Dallas VAMC   I was cleared of any A.O. Related diseases  but was put in the A.O. Registry   for what its worth.

They are other diseases that A.O. Causes not on the VA List , but we can't prove it ....many many Veterans have died because of it and were never compensated for it.  and that's and that's a damn shame.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck There is a bill in the House of Rep. #566, AO Exposure Fairness Act that aims to remove the 1 yr time period from leaving Vietnam and claiming a cloracne disability. I think it is still active. There is a veteran that has been fighting the fight tor remove the time restrictions for many years and I have met him a few times. If you are interested, message me and I could give you his contact #. My thinking he might have some insight on getting a good diagnosis first; it isn't going to be something a regular dermatologist is going to ID. But, I also believe it is only a 10% disability, so I don't know how much that would help you personally.

Buck, in no way am I trying to discourage you.  You can still win a claim for Chloracne, you just have to present and prosecute a direct exposure case. You cannot use the presumption of exposure, which only covers one year from your last exposure. I won for Chloracne thirty years after my last exposure. You just need to show the locations where you served in country and then show how much AO was used in that area. You will need to furnish a nexus letter and a present day diagnosis of Chloracne. Most probably it would be a 0% or 10% award, but then there is the involvement of a clothing allowance to be considered. The medication, Benzoyl Peroxide body wash, is prescribed to me, along with a skin cream that that contains Benzoyl Peroxide, and it is known to destroy clothing. If you suspect Chloracne as being your skin disease, request a second AO exam to get the diagnosis and ask the examiner for a nexus letter. A C&P exam should also support your Chloracne claim. I would most defiantly go for it.