VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Ms T , had you never got hadit going  most of us would not be where we are today  and all of us vets old & new  We thank you  from the bottom of our hearts for that .

I am grateful to you for getting hadit going  its a wonderful site and after were all gone ,I hope and pray these new young veterans will keep hadit .com strong as it always is.

hadit has been a therapy for me  when nothing els works except the hot-line #  when I am down and depressed and my anxiety gets the better of me and I can't think 

Hadit and its members make me want to live and be a better man .

from what I learned here and help other veterans it just makes me feel so gooood and I come down back down to earth, THERE'S NO BETTER SATISFACTION FOR ME TO HELP VETERANS GET THEIR DESERVED BENEFIT'S..  ...>if any of this make any sense .

We'll it does to me and Nothing nor anyone will ever replace Hadit.com.

We all own YOU the Thanks Ms T.

God Bless You Lady.

Buck

I usually come to answer questions, but I started out asking them.  I dont often get "stumped" anymore, at least not when it comes to benefits. However, I still have areas where  Im still "weak", such as on DIC and widows benefits, thank God we have Berta for that.  Im pretty sure I have answered at least 12,000 questions.  

Years ago a school teacher told me, "You dont really learn something until you try to TEACH it."

I have won all my benefits, back to 2002, even tho multiple Vets advocates, including more than one attorney, said that would not happen.  Persistence, preperation and knowledge seem to work when other stuff does not.  

Edited by broncovet

I sure appreciate all of the members here who take the time to help each other and I appreciate when they bolster their advice with specific regulations or any type of hyperlinks that can help the veteran or survivor as well.

That can be a very time consuming thing, working off the site, researching information via Google, M21-1MR, BVA, OGC Pes Ops, CAVC decisions and 38 CFR, et all, info that they - or even the hundreds of guests read during each week- might surely need.

VSOs, vet reps, and even vet lawyers will not  take that time in most cases, because it does take Time.

Our personal experiences as well as established VA case law not only helps our readership- but also does encourage others who are waiting for decisions.

Evidence is everything and we cannot stress that enough.

Broncovet mentioned widows benefits and they are usually involving issues which are complex or issues that will be very difficult to succeed in.

We had a member with a problem like that recently.It took me a great deal of time using Google, BVA, CAVC, and I did some medical research, to get the links and info she will need, because ,the claim for DIC in her case will be VERY difficult and could involve a very costly IMO, but , as I have learned, with VA.... NOTHING is Impossible, but it takes time, persistence, and lots of leg work,on the claimant's part.

I also advised her of what VA will use ,to deny the claim.That can be avoided with a very strong IMO.

And even a strong IMO might fall short of advancing the claim-if it does not even  warrant a statement of Relative Equipoise, being applied-----neither IMO/IME doctors or good vet lawyers can perform miracles, if the evidence cannot be found.

Edited by Berta
spelling