VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We closed the notice for request 5

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

My sister recently had a C&P exam done and this morning she logged in and it said that notice for request 5 closed, does anyone happen to know what that means. I've googled and looked on several other boards but I can't find anything that speaks of request 5

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek's is correct. It's being worked on. Or was being worked on. But those individual "request" are not anything the veteran should be concerned about. It may be someone "requests" a C&P exam. Then , it is closed because there is enough info that it it isn't necessary. Or, closed because the C&P request was issued. It is just internal points in the VBA process. Like Shrek said, its being worked on. You shouldn't read anything into that posting.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlos I don't know what type of appeal you submitted, but you're not done unless you want to be defeated. If you submitted a HLR, you can submit a new supplemental appeal if you have new evidence. Or go to the BVA. You have a year, 365 days, to appeal. If you don't within that time period, it still isn't over, but you lose your eed. If your appeal was for BVA, and you could have or did submit the paperwork, but late, send a IRIS request for consideration because they didn't allow sufficient time for you to respond because of being overseas. Maybe they would do something if they sent it to the wrong address, I don't know. Or, learn from what has happened, like we all do and appeal. Get a representative, like a lawyer or agent, who can work with the limited time frame. Truely, it isn't over unless you give up whatever the denial is.

• HadIt.com Elder

IF YOUR LIVING OVER SEAS  YOU SHOULD USE E BENEFITS  AND FILE ELECTRONICALLY ...NEVER SNAIL MAIL.

BUT APPEAL  THIS....IF YOUR DENIED?   or keep up your Appeal time limit...>  AND SAVE ALL YOUR CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE VA..BUT GO TO A VET CENTER AND ASK A VSO to file your appeal through e benefits  and always ask for a confirmation.

if there is no Vet Center where you live try the VAMC Check with the DAV office  or the BVA OFFICE   IF NOT THEN CHECK WITH EMBASSY THAT HELP VETERANS AND OUT OF STATE TOURIST ...THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO FILE THESE CLAIMS AND APPEALS VIA E BENEFITS.

SOMETIMES IT MAY HELP TO FILE BOTH WAYS   SNAIL MAIL WITH RETURN RECEIPT  AND FILE ELECTRONICALLY   NOTHING SAYS WE CAN'T FILE BOTH WAYS...I FILED BOTH WAYS  REQUESTING MY C-FILE    ELECTRONICALLY  AND SNAIL MAIL   OF COURSE THE ELECTRONICALLY WAY WAS  THE FASTEST RESPONSE.

Again Always ask for confirmation .

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget to  file on e benefits and ask them to check your claim status. and ask  give you a confirmation .