VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update on Buck's wife

Rate this question

Berta

Question

from Buck:

"She has Double Pneaumonia  and her lungs are both filled  as they hope the antionbiotics /durritics start to work she been under the ventilator noe 3 days.  with no sign of improvement  so prayers are certainly welcome.

I can go up there and see her but she is sleep and unresponsevive  its sad to see her this way, she was tested 3 times for covid and was all negitive..Thank God,

Dr's say she should start showing improvment soon if not they are going to try some other type of antibiotics,,,,we'll see

she was scheduled fore her gallbaldder today 9/16/21   but thats all canceled   they did remove her drain bag and tubes  MRI shows no infection in her gallbladder  and its of normal size and the Dr said she can have that surgery at a later date  right now they care concerend about the pneaumonia."

It is good news that the gallblader infection i gone.But this is a very serious situation.

They need many prayers and her doctors should be prayed for too. A friend of mine (Veteran)was in critical condition the last 2 weeks with pneumonia but the doctors are trying a different antibiotic on him, and the news yesterday was that he was imroving a lot.

I get the pneumonia shot every year but I understand it does not prevent some types of pneumonia. Still it is protection from some of it- and I ALWAYS get the Flu shot-(but I did get the 4th Quadrant of flu a year ago- that the flu shot did not protect us from.

I have a few friends who refuse the COVID Vaccine. Covid is still in this area of NY. They stay at home most of the time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Well today I sent my VA Regional  Office a letter with my wife SS #  AND HER CLAIM #  She had just got the A&A as most of you knew about  it paid 160.00 monthly  and was current. Also her dependent status was about 175.00 monthly   or close.

Anyway I sent the letter to my R.O. and request they take her off my compensation as a dependent    and told them what happen and date  and her SS # AND Name address.

I  did get the certified sign receipt  at the P.O..

Now Her SS Maybe different  I may call them and see...to cancel her SS. 

IT WAS ABOUT 1100.00  MONTHLY  which may hurt me now we just perched a new Toyota Highlander 2019 back in Dec 2019   We very seldom drove the car due to her Dr's appoinments... and hospital stays these last two years..it has about 11, 893 miles on it still has the 36.000.00 factory warranty   but anyhow her SS Check paid the payments and insurance and a few other Bills...this will hurt me.

I will try to sell the car to private party and see??..but we/ I still own about 30.000.00 on the dang thing.

IT HAS LEATHER SEATS AND MID Trim  its the middle of the line...its a very nice and comfortable car   with 8 speed transmission V-6 , at 75 mph  the RPM Gauge sits about on 15000 rpm  as opposed to my Toyota Tundra 75 MPH  The RPM Gauge sits at 21000. RPM  Meaning the 8 speed transmission saves gas as the engine is not running high RPM'S AT Higher Speeds. new tires as we perched this car Brand new off the show room floor  about 10 miles on it when we got it, its a dark burgundy  Color Ohh La La Rouge..look like dark burgundy to me.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck ....I think you should try and keep the car since you will take a bath if you sell it. I doubt you will get your 30K out of it.

Maybe selling the car might surprise you Buck. My son just sold a Jeep. Paid $48000 for it, wife drove it for a couple of months, didn't like it.. Anyhow, he got $51g for it. Highlander's are considered a top SUV and are hard to get. They hold their value. Check out Auto Trader. I'd be interested if I had the money. Good luck!!

• HadIt.com Elder

The thing is Buck has already paid the depreciation on the SUV.  However, if he can't afford it then he has to sell.  Some guy will get a good deal.  Maybe sell the Tundra since that is a nice toy for us guys, but unless you plan to haul stuff it is an expensive toy.  I bet Buck could get his money back on that truck.  Guys just love their trucks.  Hey, I am so cheap I hate to sell anything for less than a profit.

Buck, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had PC problems all week, and could not be here.

Actually it wasnt the PC, it was the fact that our trees in NY have grown so high due to all of the rain we have had, that I had to get quite a few trees cut down to be able to get the satelitte dish to pick up the modem access. 

At first the Sat people thought it was due to a stationary front putting me into a cloud for days.

In any event I am so sorry what you are dealing with, but you know Brenda is now in a Good place and she is free from all of her physical problems. She would want you too be strong and have faith that God will see you through this, because He will. 

Thursday is the anniversary of my USMC husband's death and the grief never goes away but gets better to deal with in time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I will detail the Highlander and put it up for sale about 34.000  and go from there I can't take less than what I own on it my daughter0in-law is good on social media and can put up for sale. Highlanders do have a good resell value  especially if its low mileagethis one has 11 893 miles on it right now and been kept in the Garage,,,it still liker brand new as the new car smell.

Oh well If I have to pay on it another year or so  guess I have no choice.

Anyone know about SS DISABILITY INCOME? My wife was getting about 1100.00 month from her SS disability , she turn 67 days before she passed  and that made the car payment....but if it stops   that will hurt me some , My VA Comp paid all the other bills and mortgage payments and  credit cards...not much left after that.

Anyone know if I can check with SSA and see if they have anything to offer the other spouse after death?

Some one said they think I may can get half of what she was getting on SS Disability? 

If this is true it sure could help me out.