Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More LHI venting

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

OK here to vent again. I've had some crappy appointments setup from LHI but this one is the worst. When you fill out online in your account it asks if you are willing to travel more than 50 miles. I of course said no to this. Well I got my voicemail from them today. Out of state over 2 hours away and 109 miles. WTF. Really? I do not understand. This is for a hearing test and I can google probably 30 places within 20-30 minutes from where I live. I wish I could talk to someone higher about this stuff. Venting over. Thanks

I have an account. I have called and asked them to help a month ago on the same claim and they wouldn't help accommodate anything.  I am not being unreasonable at all. I have been jumping through there hoops. As for me getting "noticed" that's what I want. I want them to hear I'm pissed. I want a better system for veterans in the future.  I can't wait to see what they do when I ask for something closer. Last time I asked they went further away. My congresswoman is getting all my notes and so far her office has helped a ton over the years. I will be calling the hotline today. 

Mt. Cue, not sure where it is written. I guess it's just known. Even the contractors like QTC and LHI say it's only one rescheduling.  

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know if it is possible to request the VA actually transport veterans to and from exams? Of course, this would only apply to vets who are like riplip and are unable to travel long distances on their own. I recall the DAV here in Alabama having a couple of vans they used to assist in transporting vets in similar situation to/from exams, appts, etc...

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact the Patient Advocate. I know if the veteran is 85+ and has a disability of 30%, that can supply transportation for VA medical appointments. There may be other options, like if 100% disabled ?

I had a similar situation; I finally called the LHI scheduling, and it took about three-four months before they got me in. IME (IN MY EXPERIENCE) the best thing you can do is try your best to be polite and respectful. The VA ordered the wrong exams, I filed for two separate EEDs, but they ordered exams for my current level of disabilities. I explained what I filed to the examiners and they both wrote excellent medical opinions and rationales that supported my arguments. Funny thing is that the regional office ignored their opinions and rationales, so my claims went back to the BVA. One claim granted me several years of early TDIU but may have to go to CVAC and the other still pending and waiting for decision. I know each is different, but we can only try. The DAV VAN rides just about everywhere, they may have a local number.

P. S. I used to have the VAMC send a taxi to come pick me up and take me to my appointments and then I would call for them to bring me home. It is possible.