Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Recieved Copy Of Ptsd C&p Report Today

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Is it standard for the report to have included the questions that the VA has requested to be answered? and then the doctors answer??

Also, could someone tell me what is a, "Post Traumatic Stress disorder like symptom?"

There is so much in this exam that is just flat out incorrect, lies, and misinformation. It is an out and out joke to a persons intelligence.

Also, done with NO RECORDS, NO C-FILE, NO QUESTIONAIRES. I wish I could scan this.

I will fax this to someone with a scanner so you all can read this so called C&P report, what a joke.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

PS- this could all turn on the NOD-

if significant medical evidence of your husband's PTSD -current treatment records, medications, etc full PTSD diagnosis, any IMO etc-

any private records etc-can be attached and the fact that the veterans med recs were not available-during the C & P-

and even the Blank C & P- with statement that the doctor did not ask all of the pertinent questions.

If the C & P doc asked the right question, the C & P doctor had to put down the vet's answer.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest jangrin
PS- this could all turn on the NOD-

if significant medical evidence of your husband's PTSD -current treatment records, medications, etc full PTSD diagnosis, any IMO etc-

any private records etc-can be attached and the fact that the veterans med recs were not available-during the C & P-

and even the Blank C & P- with statement that the doctor did not ask all of the pertinent questions.

If the C & P doc asked the right question, the C & P doctor had to put down the vet's answer.

Berta,

The C+P doctor did NOT even talk about my husbands stressors. He showed my husband where the computer paperwork print out stated that the stressors were conceded. He told my husband that he should increase his medication, although he ( the doctor)wasn't offering treatment.(???)Also, he told my husband not to worry because he will be compensated for the DMII and he might get 10% on the mental. This guy is just a "wack-o" and totally full of you know what. I was not allowed in the room during the exam...He asked my husband if he has ever tried to commit suicide. He never asked if my husband thought about commiting suicide. Then writes in the report not acts or thoughts of suicide. The report is full of untruths or half-truths. Very discouraging.

In part the following:

In the report the doctor wrote. "The patient appears to meet criteria A,B,C,and D. However, he has had a fairly consistent work history and the symptoms described do not appear to have had a significant impact on his capacity for employment.

However, he would be classified as having an anxiety disorder NOS."

The report states that the stressors are conceded.

In his final paragraph the doctor states, "he has very clearly suffered traumatic experiences that would potentially lead to post traumatic stress disorder. He has had some symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder, however, they do not appear to have had a significant impact on his occupation at least in his capacity to work although it may have had some effect on his capacity to excel as well as he could have.The symptoms described above appear to require continuous use of medications primarily due to the combination of the anxiety symptoms and the depressive symptoms.

Edited by jangrin

I find what is useful is about 3 days after you know the doctor has dictation done. I go down to the correspondence office and have them release to me the full examination results and dictation. That away, I have something to go by and correct before it gets to the RO and is "factual". You can go to the Patient Advocate and have him instruct the doctor to correct, update or change information if it is not worded correctly in anyway shape or form if it is in error.

-Spike-

Vet Advocate

--------------

• HadIt.com Elder

jangrin,

I know what the VA doctor did, the same number as they did on me. Complaint in writing to the patient advocate immediately. I did not get another C&P, but it is in my record for the BVA. You need to place your complaint that you were not allowed to be present. ( there is a reason why the VA psychiatrist are doing this). It sounds like a well thought out way to deny your husband.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• In Memoriam

I went to my C&P a few weeks ago. The doc ask what kind of work I do? I said that I am unemployable and haven't worked for 5 years. He ask many questions. He told me that I have PTSD. He asked if the doctors at Fayetteville have diagnosed PTSD. I said yes.

He ask if I witnessed any deaths. I said they were all highlighted in the ships logs, and that I have the many others in these docs I am presenting him. I told him of the many deaths that I witnessed. I gave him my military awards write-ups and verification of the awards.

On the way out I gave him signed Affidavits from several buddies, ships logs with highlighting of stressors, medications list, and several records of evidence. I told him that my c-file is about 12" and that these are the most important things that you need to see concerning stressors. He said thanks.

For some reason I am being treated entirely different by the mental health C&P, but I will have to wait for the reports.

I am just getting to be a pain in their backside now.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Guest jangrin

Stretch,

It seems like you did a really good job at presenting the evidense for your PTSD claim. Have you recieved a copy of the report yet? If not you should request a copy from the facility where you had the C+P exam. I think you will get a really good C+P report.