VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important Topics - Please Review This Thread.

• HadIt.com Elder

Only problem with your premise is this:

Once you step foot onto the VA property, then "for purposes of legality" you might as well be standing in the Oval Office as far as the law is concerned.

You are on U.S. Government Property and "local" don't mean diddly. Federal law prevails.

just sayin............

This is also why your VA doctor/nurse/physical-therapist/lab-tech, etc. do not have to be licensed in any of the states of the United States. And, why you find soooo many doctors/nurses that speak very limited ENGLISH!

And, of course, we all know that by law an "individual" can "represent" a veteran only once in their lifetime (by "represent" I mean to act as the veteran's "agent"). After that one time representation, then the person that was acting as the veteran's agent must become a "registered agent or attorney" by taking the courses prescribed by the VA, passing these courses, and being accredited by the Office of General Counsel of the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

Wouldn't that more properly be stated that an individual can only represent (as an agent) one non-related veteran?

I mean I thought you were always allowed to assist family members at any level, and I thought you could assist a non-related veteran "forever", but no other non-related veterans after the first one.

Don't chew me up here, I'm asking not telling.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wouldn't that more properly be stated that an individual can only represent (as an agent) one non-related veteran?

I mean I thought you were always allowed to assist family members at any level, and I thought you could assist a non-related veteran "forever", but no other non-related veterans after the first one.

Don't chew me up here, I'm asking not telling.

Well, I don't know if being someone's Brother or Second-cousin or Sister-in-law actually enters into it (in other words, where would you draw the relationship line).

Now, I'm ALSO talking about acting as a veteran's "agent", i.e. as the holder of that veterans POA (as an individual via VA Form 21-22a as opposed to VA Form 21-22).

I am NOT talking about, for example, telling your Brother when and what to file, but, instead, I'm talking about filing documents FOR your Brother, with your signature on the bottom line as their "agent".

That capacity you can only fill once in your lifetime.

• HadIt.com Elder

HadIt.com is not associated with solicitations to assist with VA Claims, if someone on the board offers to help with your VA Claim they are doing so as an individual, they are not associated with HadIt.com in any way other than being a member on the board.

HadIt.com does not have service officers, nor does it offer individual assistance with claims.

That is why I donate my time and two cents to Hadit...

Greetings fellow members, I have been on a road trip & it is good to be back home.

C.B.

post-4811-028982000 1277939654_thumb.jpg

Edited by Commander Bob

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for offering to donate, really appreciate it! haven't taken donations in quite a long time, went through a rough patch and with those that did donate it helped us sustain. but we are fine now, donate your time to the board or even helping other veterans locally, if you do that you are giving back in a way that warms my heart.

you take care of you and yours, that is the most important thing!

man I say its been years 4 or maybe 5...yoggie

• HadIt.com Elder

Correction: Naval base Treasure Island, California was not a naval air base. It wasn't big enough to get a plane to land on it. It was a training base and a transit center. There were also a few ships stationed there including Coast Guard vessels.

Allan

Edited by allan