Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Ptsd New C&p

Rate this question

calnight

Question

OK HAS ANYONE BEEN CALLED IN TO BE REXAMINED FOR PTSD IF YOU ARE ALREADY P&T FOR PTSD. I HAVE READ THAT THE VA CAN CALL YOU BACK ANYTIME THEY WANT FOR A NEW C&P EVEN IF YOU ARE P&T. JUST WONDERING AND IF SO HOW LONG WAS IT AFTER YOU GOT THE P&T THE VA CALLED YOU BACK IN. DOES P&T REALLY MEAN P&T OR DO I STILL HAVE TO WATCH MY BACK FOR A NEW EXAM. THANKS

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you file a new claim or ask for something else they can and do look at everything. When I asked for tinitus the letter I got rejecting it said that they had looked at my other service connected issues and were not going to seek changes.

Also I am sure someone can list why but a 100% P&T is not as well protected as TDIU 100%.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

OK HAS ANYONE BEEN CALLED IN TO BE REXAMINED FOR PTSD IF YOU ARE ALREADY P&T FOR PTSD. I HAVE READ THAT THE VA CAN CALL YOU BACK ANYTIME THEY WANT FOR A NEW C&P EVEN IF YOU ARE P&T. JUST WONDERING AND IF SO HOW LONG WAS IT AFTER YOU GOT THE P&T THE VA CALLED YOU BACK IN. DOES P&T REALLY MEAN P&T OR DO I STILL HAVE TO WATCH MY BACK FOR A NEW EXAM. THANKS

I rec'd P&T for 2years before I was reduced back to 60%. No I was not working or trying to obatain work because I was too sick!

Yes, I had some other medical issues on appeal thatt the VA denied. I also requested an earlier effective date on my ptsd,depression, anxiety. (I was awarded 100 P&T in 2004-2006). Well, I was sent an appt for another C&P for my ptsd, depression, and anxiety. I saw two doctors. They schedule the exam 2 days prior to the anniversary of my sexual assault. I asked the VA, POA, women's vet coordinator for my ro for another date or cancelation. I was told I had to go. My origianl rating for ptsd, depression, anxiety was 50% I had that rating from 1988-2004 despite my millions of claims. Some of the elder members might remember me. Anyway, I go to the C&P and in Oct.2005, I was reduced back to the 50%! My case has been on appeal since. They were supposed to send it to the bva. They didnt They refused to give me a copy of the new C&P. They finally gave me a copy 2 days(I got the copy on a Friday and the hearing was to be on Monday.) before the hearing where I would contest the reduction. I asked them to reschedule the hearing. They said no. I filed another form 9. No answer. I asked them in writing why was this C&P scheduled when my file should have been sent for the BVA hearing no answer. I always take my correspondece to them in person and I send another copy by certified return receipt mail. I had 2 more C&P since then. I call and ask them about my case they tell me it is in adjudication. I write them and ask about my claim and I get no answer! It has been in addication for a long time.The other C&P was for my back and my leg ankle and knees. (All of these C&Ps were scheduled after the filing of the orginal form 9. I wrote and asked why didnt I receive confirmation from the bva of receipt of my form 9. No answer! Since then I have been diagnosed and treated for three more major medical disorders that were discovered in the C&P. These people do whatever they want and no matter who works on your claim if they want to deny it they will. Oh yea, the last C&P exam said I may have cancer! So I probarly will be dead before my claim is adjudicatted, My whole life gone and for what?

So to answer your question yes.

I want to thank the elders of this board for doing what you do. In my earlier years, you guys gave me information on appealing my various claims, gave me infor about voc rehab...and so much more. Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

No Veteran should be made to feel that they need to accept a low ball rating to protect it from further reduction.

Lady Poetry I am saddened by your treatment. Maybe with the heat on the VA you can get it fixed. In my opinion anyone with a PTSD rating who is unable to work should be at 100% some way or another.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete53

If a vet is IU the VA has to really demonstrate that the vet is able to work and support himself again. I get the letter every year asking me if I am working. If the IU vet is not working then the TDIU continues. About the only way to reduce the IU is if the vet is working. The IU vet gets 100% pay rate because he is unable to follow gainful employment. The 100% schedular vet should also be hard to reduce after 5 years because part of his rating is the fact he is totally occupationally disabled. If you are totally disabled for 5 years the VA has to met some additional legal targets to reduce you. From my readings it is usually quit difficult to legally reduce a totally disabled vet. Of course, the VA can do anything if they want to and then you have to appeal the damn thing. This is what really gets me. I know their are loopholes for the VA to drive through but it is legally not so easy. I am getting my information from the VBM 2006 version.

Gotta agree with Pete... but I am sorry for what has happened to you lady poetry.. I'd fight the reduction tooth and nail.

What scares me is the VA's new imagery treatment program for PTSD. The reason I am concerned is that there are rumblings throughout the psychiatric community that it can "cure" anxiety disorders. I heard a report about it on PBS radio Sunday night, about 7pm central... maybe you can go to their website and pull down the broadcast.. I dont know but... the conclusions that the guy was making were ... fairly disturbing since he was basically stating that PTSD and other anxiety disorders could be cured. Now if this is true great, but I am afraid that based upon little actual assessment the VA MIGHT... and this is an opinion, not a fact so please everyone with PTSD dont get upset.. might use it to cure PTSD veterans, and reduce their compensation (without actually curing them).

I KNOW that the VA has been using this technique for some time, so they obviously are at least looking at it as possible treatment, but the whole idea that you can cure PTSD is ... scary to me when they dont have sufficient data to support it.

Anyway, I'll check the PBS site and see if the transcript is there or something.

Bob Smith