VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Comp Reduction Proposal

Rate this question

kuraiyamy

Question

Hello.

I just got a call a few days ago from VA saying that I missed a VA re-evaluation exam on Dec 10,2014.... and they are going to reduce my rating.... I never received any notice of such exam being scheduled, nor when and where to appear... Supposedly it was sent to my mother's old address, along with two notices. The gentleman from the va also informed me two due process letters were sent to that address and supposedly they made multiple attempts to call me, but may have used a different number.... due to this my rating was accreditations to have been reduced... and the best part is this sold have taken affect this month and that it is strange that he got a hold of me and all current contact info was in the system. Told me to contact va rep imidiatly and tell them about his phone call and that he would note that he contacted me.

Called va rep numbers and got a hold of a va rep and told her about the phone call, she looked every thing up in the computer and verified that all my current contact info was in the system, a long with old contact info that the regional va used instead? Any way she said she c would put in something to say i never received re-eval appointment letter and a new one should be scheduled and to give her a call as soon as something developes or some time goes by and and it's been a while... oh and try to worry.

I guess something similar has happend a lot recently to other vets...

well been trying not to worry, only been effective at worrying more!

I have no idea what to do, and feel it's already to late. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

P.s.

I have seen it recommended constantly to get a good "aggressive" rep or/and lawyer.

what is a good and "aggressive" rep organization? I filed with just a regular va rep. Is it to late to switch? DAV is recommended by VA or VA reps...

Do i need a lawyer? How do i find a VA claims/disability lawyer, let alone a good one? I can only find Social Security lawyers. ..

Thanks again.

Sometimes when the VA or any other Gov Agency's wheels start turning, it's difficult to slow or stop them. Did you get the correct comp Direct Deposit yesterday 4/31?

As for needing an aggressive rep, good luck there. Sounds like you may have visited a satellite VSO office somewhere in the past. For the most part just about all Vets initially go that route, I did. I think you would be better served taking a trip to your local VARO, even if it requires more than a few hours of your time. Do a little telephone Recon 1st. Call the VARO to determine which VSO's have offices there that are open on a daily basis. Call each VSO to determine their hours and who and when the Senior VSO Representative is in and to make an appointment. Do a couple back to back appointments with DAV, VFW and possibly Marine Corps League. I ended up with MCL, great source of info and assistance.

Get to the VARO about 1 hour early and walk around to see the different VSO offices. The RO's open at 8am sharp and the VSO really aren't up and running until about 8:30-9. You want to check out how the VSO's are staffed both clerical and Rep wise. I made a mistake of initially signing with a VVFW rep that didn't have a support staff and never returned calls or emails, don't make that mistake.

As for a NOD & DRO, you may end up needing too, but look into the New VA "Request for Reconsideration." I would hand deliver it to the VARO along with a "Sworn Declaration."

Check out Chris Attig's VetLaw.com site for the info and a copy of the "Sworn Affivavit." Time to get busy.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Good information here from broncovet,

Read the link he sent from http://www.attiglawfirm.com/uncategorized/cp-exam-from-va/

..................Buck

See section fifteen. And definitely look at the cfr references

http://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/docs/admin21/m21_1/mr/part3/subptiv/ch03/pt03_sp04_ch03_secB.doc

a. Criteria for Requesting Review Examinations

For more information on the criteria for requesting a review examination, see

38 CFR 3.327(b), and

38 CFR 3.327©.

Note: Do not request a review examination solely to confirm evidence listed in 38 CFR 3.326(b) and © that is otherwise adequate for rating.