VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet caught for a bit of exaggerated claim

Rate this question

MikeHunt

Question

I known sometimes when the VA starts being unfair, it's just human nature to counter with the same. Sounds like she went a bit too far ...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/trip-to-disney-world-helps-unravel-army-veterans-300000-disability-fraud-officials-say/484846225

Never heard of them doing this, though. Never a good idea to talk to investigators, even if you have nothing to hide

I also don't agree with *nudge/wink* either. IF you are honest you won't get tripped up later. If you omit things about your condition to your healthcare staff you are just hurting yourself and making thier job harder. We aren't doctors. I have some good days when im figuratively on top of the world, totally motivated, can't sit still, have to be doing something....for the next 18-24 hours. From the outside looking in that looks like a 'good day'. To my psychiatrist that is a manic episode and she needs to know about stuff like that- or my primary care provider so they can get me in STAT if necessary. Omitting meds before a C and P, not telling your doctors everything in fear of them tattling on you- is ridiculous. Unless they are a C and P doctor they don't have anything to do with the benefits side of things anyway. They enter treatment notes- and if you are being honest then there is not anything to worry about. If you improve substantially over time then you may be reduced- GOOD. Thats the way its supposed to work. 

On the flip side, I try to divulge all my symptoms, especially during C&Ps and then find that they didn't make the final cut and into official records.

Recently found out that my PCP noted I was experiencing great relief and improvement from my bilateral carpal tunnel, due to the splints I wear at night. So next PCP visit, when he asked me about it, again. I corrected him. I told him specifically, that my hands are less numb than before, in the mornings. And I pointed out, that those splints do nothing to mitigate the numbness during the day, because the splints can't help with my C-spine issues. And the pain in my L fore arm particularly, starts at the neck and goes to my hand, not the other way round.

Andy, I've had several occasions where my MHV Clinician notes contained Nursing Intake Notes regarding Depression and/or pain issues, where there was no actual discussion and a note indicating that the screening was done on initial clinic intake.

There is an actual MHV process to disagree or bring a Clinician Treatment Note "Discrepancy" to light. Your Official written disagreement is placed in your VMC & MHV Medical records. Your Clinicians response is also put in the Record.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone

also when the clinician makes wrong statements in the MHV Notes  or does not mention them the Veteran can call them on it   via secured messages...the clinician usually makes an Addendum useing *** to clear things up

example:  Yes I failed to put that in my notes  I made a Addendum*** I do think that Mr Veterans injury was incurred in military***   or what ever the case maybe.

jmo