oooops here it is

dd0149.pdf

dd0149.pdf

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooops here it is

Berta, maybe you can help me out here. Along with the PH there were actually 4 or 5 more awards that were added that I was completely unawawe of. They sent me a small form called a dd-215 that had these changes. I assume you attach this to your current dd-214 to complete the record. My dd-214 is recorded at the local court house. Does anyone know how this works for sure? The dd-215 appears to be only an addendum to the dd-214.

Jazona, thanks for the kind words.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bozoc:

Congrats I am glad that they did it for you quickly. Thank you for your Service and hopefully the award will help you get the benefits that you earned.

Bozoc the DD 215- (I know -it looks litle but it sure is big in importance-) shoould be submitted along with the DD 214 whenever you need to send the DD 214 somewhere or supply it- like for SSA, VA, Etc

I sure congratulate you too-and regret that our Mil cannot get this DD 214s right from the git go- they are messing up 214s of the newly returning men and women from Iraq too-

I have an opinion on getting a DD214/215 registered at a court house.

I was snooping around to see if a local vet was trying to sell me a bogus story, and I looked up his DD 214 in the county court house-

long story there but he was,in fact, a wannabee- a veterans with an HD but also a wannabee when it came to the PTSD story he told me-and the fact he said he was a Navy seal- yet we have a bonafide hero Navy seal in these parts-a good friend of mine- who gave me a trick question to ask the vet and he failed that one-

also the DD 214 revealed he was Navy cook and not at all in combat as he told me he had been.Plus he saved the life of an Admiral who almost fell over board-yeah right-

These days there is so much personal ID theft that I recall the SS #s and lots of personal info was right there in the local court house on other of our county vets DD 214s I found and of course my husband's was there too. They seemed to be all in one place and easy to find.I had to read through them to find the wannabee one.

I made sure my daughter didnt register her DD 214 anywhere.

Too much ID theft and stuff going on these days.

Edited by Berta

Bozac,

A DD form 215 is issue when you have your military records corrected such as medals that you recieved and was not recorded on your DD form 214.ITs is a extension of a DD214 and if you want to have it recorded at the court house where you reside at its ok,because if you need one in a hurry,you can just go to the courthouse and get it in the same day.

mobie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use