Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We have sent the form in for Dr. Bash to help us with my brothers claim. Does anyone know how long it takes for him to reply and how much it will cost? Thanks for advise in advance.

Dianne

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I recently used Dr. Bash's services. I would say that in my case it was a mistake. First of all, he must talk to so many people that if you talk to him more than once with out talking price he will always give you a different quote. These quotes vary in the thousands of dollars. Well, I thought I could negotiate a price which I did - $1000, when he was asking about $4000. This may have been a mistake to negotiate $1000 but I'll never know.

When I received the package that included my medical opinion and his thirty or so sheets of his credentials, I read my medical opinion. It was about a sheet and a half. The first thing I thought after I read it is the VA is just going to laugh at it. Basically, Dr. Bash parroted everything that I have written in the past that I sent to the VA. He did not put anything new in it. Sure enough the VA came to the same conclusion I did, that he just paraphrased everything.

• HadIt.com Elder
I just got my IMO from Dr. Bash today and IREALLY HOPE that the 5 pages add up to something.........

From what I can read, Dr. Bash took my notes and added them to his readings of an MRI and XRay I sent him.

He also sent it in a regular envelope along with a small handwritten note that said another Dr. was concerned and tht that Doc added a letter saying that he agreed with Dr. bash and that I should send another $500.00 for using that letter..... at least that is what I can read it to say.

Also I DID NOT get my MRI or XRay films back and if I don't, I'm totally screwed. I included a reutrn receipt for them and both are originals with no copies.

AND I got a letter today telling me that my DRO hearing is scheduled for the one damn week that I am going to the west coast for a vacation........

I am SO friggin livid right now that I am pretty sure that I sold a motorcycle for nothing to pay for this and no who knows how long I will have to wait for them to reschedule my DRO hearing.

This blows............

Quint all is not lost. The place where you had these exams are requireb by law to keep the original one. The xrays are probally pax system stored and it is easy to re-print.

I always say get an IMO from an occupoational medicine doctor.

They are more thourough and the are a hell of a lot cheaper.

J

The more posts I read pertaining to Dr. Bash--I feel we may be better served as "Bashless". This is not the first time I've noticed the good Dr. requesting more cash when you finally receive the IMO (months) late (mine included). **Doc: if you are reading this--give us what we ask and pay for---an honest "independent medical opinion" of the evidence submitted, nothing more-nothing less. If I remember correctly, you tell us up front after a short screening conversation explaining the claim, if you think you "might" be able to help with your "IMO".

• HadIt.com Elder

I have mostly heard good reports on Dr Bash. However, I have felt that he is very expensive and I would look other places first. Some of the more recent complaints about Dr Bash that I have seen on Hadit are from posters I don't know well.

In 1991 when I started looking for any Doc to help there were none to be found.

I feel compelled to add my two cents worth here.

Dr. Bash was highly recommended to me via this forum/group and I spoke to him about my DIC reopened claim and the POSSIBILITY of an 1151 if DIC was not awarded (all concerned felt that I had an either/or case; strong case).

Dr. Bash quoted me a fee (which I could not afford) and I negotiated it down as others have said they did. Bash told me that IF I paid "up front" for BOTH IMO's (one written FOR DIC and one written FOR 1151) he would do them for $1,500 each or total of $3,000 (pay ALL now) and I did so.

I later decided that I would NOT need (or qualify) to file the 1151 so I emailed him explaining the situation and requested that he return the payment for the second opinion (that he would NOT be writing). You guessed it... despite numerous phone calls (unanswered) and tons of emails I sent him (ALL unanswered) he will not communicate with me NOR has he returned one red cent.

Am I angry at him? Yep, sure am. I had a very high opinion of Dr. Bash going in and I must say I have a much lower opinion of him now.

I just hope when the dust settles that my $3,000 five page letter was worth it. That remains to be seen.

Judy