• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans With 100% Disability

Rate this question

Guest johnson123

Question

Guest johnson123

Dear Veteran's, 100 % Permanent Disabled,

You have the right to use ALL facilities on the Bases, including Legal Services. I now have a claim in and I now have a JAG that is my POA. I hope this information may help another Vet.

Johnson

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Folks I see that we disagree. If we disagree, lets just agree to disagree or take it off of the board.

Whos right whos wrong does not concern me at all,

Lets move on.

J

JB, Sometimes Right and Wrong does matter. If it doesn't matter to you, just stay out of it. Let us try to work it out, someone come up with some rules and regulations to support the POA Issue. If a vet gets a good POA and advocate, then I'm happy as heck, AND if I can use the Base JAG for Legal matters myself, I'd like to know it. ~Wings

Here is one reference that states "Attorneys counsel clients on numerous topics, but not on any that involve military justice or actions against the United States government."

http://www.jag.navy.mil/html/NLSONCLegalas...1General%20Info

Legal Assistance Eligibility

-All active duty servicemembers and their dependents.

-All eligible military retirees and their dependents.

http://www.redstone.army.mil/legal/lao.html

There are too many reference to list.. another thing you can do is call the local Jag at your nearest military base and get it directly from the horses mouth.

Not trying to be a pain, and it is not important who is right as long as the information is correct...

Jag officers are great for military law, other then that go to a real attorney who spends time with real legal everyday issues, not NJP's and Court Maritials. Most of these Jags are just pushin for rank anyways, real attorneys are out there making it happen for people they defend. Now are there some good Jags yes, but for the most part if your a good lawyer why wouldn't you be at a firm? That is the goal right to become a partner. And as we all know in the military your guilty until proven innocent. So when it comes to VA matters get a Lawyer who practices Federal Law, or specializes in VA matters; these lawyers might cost you something, but if they get you the result your looking for i'm sure it is worth it.

• HadIt.com Elder
Here is one reference that states "Attorneys counsel clients on numerous topics, but not on any that involve military justice or actions against the United States government."

http://www.jag.navy.mil/html/NLSONCLegalas...1General%20Info

Legal Assistance Eligibility

-All active duty servicemembers and their dependents.

-All eligible military retirees and their dependents.

http://www.redstone.army.mil/legal/lao.html

There are too many reference to list.. another thing you can do is call the local Jag at your nearest military base and get it directly from the horses mouth.

Not trying to be a pain, and it is not important who is right as long as the information is correct...

Teac, I'll give the local Base JAG a call, but since I am not Retired Military, I doubt they would find me eligible for their services. I'll look into it, would be great if they could just do Living Wills, Wills and such. Thanks for sharing that information.

On another note, the base Chow Halls will serve 100% vets and the food is very good, and cheap. ~Wings