Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo's Constant Denials

Rate this question

guillo

Question

Just received from VARO another denial (2nd) of my Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC). I've been diagnosed by C&P doc's and VA mental hyg. doc's with Chronic PTSD. I've submitted statements from Senior NCO's and even my Commanding officer (Maj at the time) of the strssers and circumstances. But the RO says that all the evidence is credible but the stressors aren't researchable. What ever happen to the "Reason of the doubt" section in VA policy. Anyway, I've been avised by other vet's here at home to stop being jerked around by our local RO and to forward my appeal to the BVA. According to them BVA would most likely be more beneficial. What do u vet's avise? I have 60 days to answer the RO (From today). Thanks!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This sounds like a case where the VA just denies your claim and hopes you will give up and go away. Do you have combat awards or medals?

• HadIt.com Elder

Guillo

File the Form 9, before the 60 day time limit, it is the only chance you will have to file one.

That does NOT mean that you cannot continue to follow it up at the VARO. The VARO will usually take months or years before they forward the file to BVA. All the time they are holding on to it, you can request hearings, DROs, video conferences et al. and also file new evidence to incluse IMOs, more buddy letters, or any further evidence you can find to validate your stressors.

Believe me, the VARO is in no hurry to send your file to BVA, it makes their QA statistics look bad. I filed a Form 9, three years ago, and at 71 I'm supposed to get priority processing, but it is still sitting at VARO.

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

This sounds like a case where the VA just denies your claim and hopes you will give up and go away. Do you have combat awards or medals?

Hi John, I was awarded the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for "OPERATION JUST CAUSE" Panama.

• HadIt.com Elder

quillo

I think that would prove you were there but not that you were in combat. Do you have a CIB or Bronze Star with V or purple heart? This is if you are trying for PTSD due to being in a combat zone. If you don't have those kinds of medals it makes it harder to prove PTSD. I am not the expert but some here know more. After action reports are good documentation of combat experience.

The AFEM won't help your claim.

There are many books available at amazon.com -on Just Cause so I assume many libraries would carry them too- and these books contain eye witness accounts and action report info. It would pay to try to access some of them-at least to see in the index if there is possibly any mention of whatever stressful events you were in or even someone you could contact.

Also there is a wealth of info on the net regarding Just Cause -----try http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/lib...2/MOUTYates.htm

When the VA stated that your stressors were not "researchable" to me that means they did not probably have enough detailed info to pinpoint them-

Have you tried to find anything to prove them in Panama Newsapers? During this time frame-1989-1990 "La Prensa", El Siglo" and "Quiubo" were printing all the news as it happened regarding Just Cause in Panama.

Most Spanish newspapers on the net have archives and a translation link-

Also Military.com has had discussions with veterans of Panama-

The VA will not award PTSD without documented proof of stressors.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest elizabeth

Just received from VARO another denial (2nd) of my Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC). I've been diagnosed by C&P doc's and VA mental hyg. doc's with Chronic PTSD. I've submitted statements from Senior NCO's and even my Commanding officer (Maj at the time) of the strssers and circumstances. But the RO says that all the evidence is credible but the stressors aren't researchable. What ever happen to the "Reason of the doubt" section in VA policy. Anyway, I've been avised by other vet's here at home to stop being jerked around by our local RO and to forward my appeal to the BVA. According to them BVA would most likely be more beneficial. What do u vet's avise? I have 60 days to answer the RO (From today). Thanks!

In 2002 or 2 pres bush signed in law veterans assit law this law is your help file benifit of doubt duty to assis and cue do not go to bva they will no take a cue claim the worst mistake you all make is giving bva the lead always keep claim with va you have more controil as for ssoc answer it as benifit of doubt and duty to assis and cue study your federal law the veterans assis law will back you up under federal law Elizabeth