carlie

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rock

We are SC and can also use medicare and it is a government program. I think that SC vets will always be eligible for care at the VA. Maybe NSC vets might get shut out if we get universal health care. If there was universal care I would still use the VA just to document my SC related health problems. I am not going to let them get away with anything.

good lord, can i dig this stuff. i was told today (and hung up in my face) that i cannot speak to the director because i am 'threatening legal action' well i be 85 by the time we get around to legal action for falsifying with collusion my informed consent process. but i do want that bloody directior to KNOW because he is a defendent in this case. so a nice letter which i will publish here is forthcoming. cause if heads are gonna fly...i want to be holding the trash bag for his.

hotcoffee2

• HadIt.com Elder

Ask your attorney to ask their attorney your questions and get them in writing. If you need to speak with someone in chatge, you can ask to talk to the chief of staff or you can also talk to the head of the VISN that the VA falls under.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Great article Carlie. I thought Filner and Sullivan were real strong in their criticism of Peake and the direction the Va has been going. This is the most critical article that I have read as of late, about the VA. Peake sounds like a real pinhead, but what ticks me off is, he is still collecting his fat salary and doesn't give a flying rats a%s. Want him an his cronies gone allready.

T&B

Me too, I am glad they got a good reaming, my only problem is that round table crap wasn't televised for the people how they treat there vets and there son and daughters can expect to be treated. And those vets who filed claims and gave up because now they know there files or evidence from there files may have been shredded, how'd you like to see that at the homeless shelter TV, or know that your parents may have suffered this same fate. Makes me wonder if that fire years back that burnt those veterans records was a great day for the VARO's, I could tell you how many times I have heard right here on this board veterans that lost there records in a fire and some just to find them years later. Peakes gangster trying to past if off as if it was a one day thing and being called on it, Like they said this was a snap shot of a days work....

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

culture Of Dishonesty At Department Of Veterans Affairs? YOU BET, just look at some of the crap that we have been putting up with for years...

VA HAS A LONG HISTORY OF LOSING PAPERWORK (11-30-08) Registered mail? A VA worker signed and it vanished. Fax? VA claimed it never arrived. Regular mail? Don't even ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VA AUDIT FINDS OVER 50% OF CLAIMS AT NEW YORK OFFICE HAD DATES CHANGED (11-24-08) Employees told VA investigators that their supervisor had instructed them to enter incorrect dates, and that the practice was widely known.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VA SHREDDER SCANDAL: LIKE AN OLD SOLDIER, IT WILL JUST FADE AWAY (11-21-08) Unless given new life by Capitol Hill hearings, expect the VA shredder scandal to quietly disappear.

HOUSE ROUNDTABLE ON VA SHREDDING PRODUCES FEW SURPRISES (11-20-08) VBA chief promises to take care of vets whose VA claim documents have been "mishandled."

VA'S "SHREDDER" TIMELINE AND EXPLANATIONS NOT BELIEVABLE (11-19-08) A primer for those attending or viewing the House Vets' Committee roundtable discussion on VA's document handling.

FILNER TONES DOWN RHETORIC ON VA SHREDDER SCANDAL (11-18-08) House Vets' Committee email changes name of shredder "roundtable" and website has no info at all.

VA OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCES POLICY TO RE-OPEN CLAIMS AFTER SHREDDER SCANDAL (11-18-08) VA Secretary Peake says, "Benefit of doubt for vets, accountability for VA staff."

SHREDDER SCANDAL FORCES VA TO ALLOW RECONSIDERATION OF CLAIMS (11-17-08) Temporary VA rule will allow some veterans to re-open claims where vet says "lost" paperwork affected decision. But wait, there's a catch.

HOUSE VA SHREDDER "ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION" WILL BE WEBCAST (11-14-08) Committee spokesman verifies there will be a live audio feed, and perhaps live video.

FILNER'S SHREDDER "DISCUSSION" WILL NOT BE RECORDED OR AVAILABLE ON WEBCAST (11-14-08) House Vets' Chair's "roundtable discussion" on VA document shredding will have no cameras or microphones.

FILNER'S VA SHREDDER HEARING DISAPPEARS, TURNS INTO "ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION" (11-14-08) House Vets' Chair's promised hearing on VA document shredding will now be an informal "discussion."

VA CONFIRMS EMPLOYEE COMPUTER TAMPERING AT REGIONAL OFFICE (11-13-08) VA says someone intentionally entered veterans' claim documents with incorrect dates, called "backdating," into an internal database.

VETERANS DAY EDITORIAL: VA PUTS CREDIBILITY THROUGH SHREDDER (11-11-08) St. Petersburg Times: "Documents such as key medical assessments may get destroyed as a way to make denials easier."

VA RESPONDS TO SERVICE ORGS' RECOMMENDATIONS ON DOCUMENT HANDLING (11-07-08) VA developing policy that affords veterans the benefit of the doubt as to whether they had a document or evidence lost or improperly handled.

VIDEO: VETS' ATTORNEY TALKS ABOUT MISHANDLED VA DOCUMENTS AT COLUMBIA, SC (11-07-08) From WACH-TV News, Fox 57, Columbia, South Carolina -- Friday, November 7, 2008.

A LOOK AT VA'S DOCUMENT PROBLEMS IN COLUMBIA, SC (11-07-08) VFW: "We don't know how many, we don't know why it happened. It will be interesting to find out."

MISHANDLED VA DOCUMENTS CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH (11-04-08) Sign at VA's Indianapolis Regional Office warns of danger.

VA SHREDDER STORY GAINS NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION (11-02-08) U.S. News & World Report: It will be nearly impossible to figure out how many documents had been incorrectly destroyed in the past.

VA MEETS WITH VETS' SERVICE ORGS ON SHREDDER SCANDAL (11-01-08) Provides list of what documents were found and where...also offers draft of action plan.

VA DOCUMENTS: COMPUTERIZED FILES SUBJECT TO TAMPERING (10-31-08)

A denied VA claim is just a click away. Altering files and changing dates all too common.

VA DOCUMENT SCANDAL -- WHAT WAS MADDENING, IS NOW CRIMINAL (10-28-08) Veterans' Advocate Jim Strickland: "The issues at the VA have reached critical mass. The only fix is an investigation by the Department of Justice."

VA'S MAILROOM MADNESS AND FILEROOM FOLLIES (10-27-08) At the core of the VA's shredder scandal is a "Who Cares" attitude when it comes to handling mail and properly filing documents, problems the VA is studiously trying to minimize.

HOUSE VETS' COMMITTEE TO PROBE VA SHREDDER SCANDAL (10-25-08) Rep. Bob Filner: "This completely shatters confidence in the whole VA system. These documents are matters of life and death."

NEW VA FIGURES SHOW NATIONWIDE PROBLEM WITH SHREDDING CRITICAL DOCUMENTS (10-23-08) VA finds hundreds of documents critical to veterans' claims in shredder bins across the country.

FILNER COMPARES VA TO "KEYSTONE COPS," TO HOLD HEARING ON SHREDDING IN NOVEMBER (10-24-08)

DAV SAYS THEY ARE "OUTRAGED" BY VA SHREDDER SCANDAL (10-24-08) "The DAV urges the VA to take prompt corrective action...[and] that individuals found to be responsible are held fully accountable."

HISTORY OF DECEPTION -- VA ATTORNEYS CONVICTED OF DESTROYING DOCUMENTS (10-22-08) In 1995 two VA attorneys were sentenced to federal prison for destroying documents critical to veterans' claims.

DOES THE VA HAVE ALL THE CLAIM DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMITTED? (10-21-08) Veterans' Advocate Jim Strickland explains how to make sure your claim documents are not MIA... and, how to make your voice heard in Washington.

FEDERAL JUDGE FINES VA FOR SHREDDING CRITICAL DOCUMENTS ... IN 1987 (10-20-08) VA's decades-long history of document destruction and falsified performance reports comes back to haunt.

COMMENTARY -- THE VET IS JUST ANOTHER PIECE OF PAPER (10-19-08) "Any training the VA does as a result of this latest incident needs to address the handling of people's lives, not the handling of sheets of paper."

VA'S SHREDDER PROBLEMS JUST A "SNAPSHOT IN TIME," NOT THE WHOLE STORY (10-18-08) VA spokesperson: "We're still trying to get a handle on how widespread the problem is and I can't say with certainly that this has never happened before."

VA'S REGIONAL OFFICES IN TURMOIL AS MANAGERS SEARCH FOR "MISHANDLED" PAPERWORK (10-17-08) VARO management teams to spend weekend "dumpster diving" -- VAOIG looks to expand investigation -- Congress briefed, may investigate possible criminal intent.

SHREDDER SCANDAL SPURS VETS' OUTRAGE AND CHANGES IN VA PROCEDURES (10-17-08) VFW chief: "The question that begs to be asked and answered is how many veterans had their disability and compensation claims disappear down a paper shredder?"

WHO GOT DELAYED? WHO GOT DENIED? WHO DIED? (10-15-08) The Detroit VARO "shredder" fiasco poses some very important questions to which veterans may never have answers.

WILL VA'S WALL OF SILENCE QUASH "SHREDDER" INVESTIGATION? (10-14-08) VA Secretary Peake's obligation to veterans is clear cut. But, will he "do the right thing" as he promised?

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."