• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Ptsd Imo Letter

Rate this question

SFCTRUCKDRIVER

Question

ok,

hope this is the right way to do this.

for the more knowledgable of you on here, please give your opinion of this letter:

To whom it may concern,

This letter is written at the request of Mr..... who has been under treatment at this clinic since.....

Mr..... is being treated for PTSD and panic disorder with agoraphobia. This has been related to his services and combat experiences. He is currently being prescribed medication as well as pyschotherapy to help with these anxiety and mood issues.

At this point in the treatment, Mr... medications are being adjusted as this severe anxiety is limiting and interferes with his daily functioning.

call em at this number.....

The Dr is a licensed Pyschiatrist and has all those letters besides his name LOL

well,

is this a good or bad letter?

thanks

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is the post I referred you to:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...ressors+defined

The CAR, and CIB denote direct combat participation.

But that doesnt mean a lack of these awards on the DD14 -doesnt cover combat participation-

The PH obviously means the veteran was wounded in a life threatening event-so PTSD is conceded with a PH and usually with receipt of the CIB ,CAB and CAR.

Many vets who were in the Vietnam War got DD 214s which did not reflect their all of their decorations and awards. If they file a DD 149 form, the gov will seek out any other awards due them and if they are found, the vet will receive a DD 215 that reflects these awards.

The indicent reports you have sound like strong evidence-still - the VA defines a stressor in a specific way as I put into the above link.

An incident or action action report can often include an entire unit or just part of a unit.

If you can put yourself at the scene of the incident and you have a valid stressor- as the VA defines stressors,

this would be excellent evidence to use.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks Berta,

you are amazing in your knowledge. I have a memorandum signed by the commander which he wrote for all members on any convoy attacked which lists all Soldiers on the convoy, what happened and how each person reacted, did. I think he knew we would be dealing with the VA one day and wanted to give us extra bullets. He made sure we all had copies of the incident reports with our names etc on them. I am so thankful to him, i would never had thought about all that.....

" The enemy controls everything, the roads, the bombs, they even own when and where they will attack. But the second they make the mistake to attack, we own them" ME, reference to insurgents in Iraq

not to brag and to inform vets,

a new progrram called receipt of benefits at discharge is finally in place to help Soldiers getting a normal discharge (ets or retire) get the VA claim process done and begin receiving benefits within 90 days of ETS/retire date (that is if they dont deny everything) I hope this is what works for me. I have a letter from my PCP, therapist and Pysch dr along with proof of stressors and everything else. Does a CIB/CAB/CAR (award for combat action) prove stressor in combat? I have manifests, incident reports of my combat episodes to prove them, is that good enough?

SFC, This sounds like a great program for active duty soldiers, real great. I just hope they are pushing it in the faces of the troops so they all know. Most times It is very little known or "the word did'nt get out" and they get left without knowledge. I hope they all will be informed and get what is theirs. Agood medical check up that correctly diagnosis any problems they may have or might have in their future.

• HadIt.com Elder
...a new program called receipt of benefits at discharge is finally in place to help Soldiers getting a normal discharge (ets or retire) get the VA claim process done and begin receiving benefits within 90 days of ETS/retire date....

Glad to learn about the new program, SFCTRUCKDRIVER. Our fellow Hadit member, "Meddac" gave us insight regarding the anticipated increase in VA workload, after the war is over, and our troops start to come home. Soon, I hope.

I am also glad to hear that you have copies of the incident reports. With Berta's and others help, and your efforts, SFC, you should do well with your claim. Best wishes.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Yes SPCTruckdriver has excellent evidence.

I sure didnt mean to suggest that PTSD comes only from combat- any traumatic event,such as personal assaults and many non combat situations- could all lead to PTSD.

For a vet claiming PTSD who was in combat however- the VA will assume they have experienced a stressor that is somehow due to combat.

My husband- as I might have mentioned before- was USMC Danang 65-66-in combat but his stressors were mainly due to

other situations during or after a firefight. His PTSD questionnaire had a list where he had to-by month-detail his year in Vietnam with any stressful events or describe his duties.For many months he just put "firefights as usual."and then he described the stressors in the months they occurred.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Berta,

funny thing is how he dealt with a firefight as a usual thing.. A very strong man..... You do his memory well ;)