VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personal Account Of Incident

Rate this question

sharon

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I never understood the VA SC % .?

if a veteran is service connected for a disability , why in the world would they SERVICE CONNECT At 0% When there is actually a disability?

There actually saying they believe the vet but there not going to compensate for it eh!

I do understand the degree of the disability as for as rating...but if they agree to a % of the disability why not make it at least 10% ?

jmo

......................Buck!

john999

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

You have a DX of PTSD from the VA, right? I agree with what Carlie said about getting a doctor to review all your records and connnecting all the dots. This is the only way you can do it after all this time I think. Have you been in trouble with the law since you got out of service?
YES
If you have record of trouble in service and trouble with law after service the VA C&P doctors will say you are a PD. This is what you have to rebutt.
I have both,.but the VA just keeps looking the other way.

Ranger. Put your lay statement into a sworn affidavit. This should/may increase the value of your statement. Stay strong and good luck.

Ranger,

If you have not already, you need to go to the VA hospital and get treatment for the personal assault. You are entitle to this treatment no matter the status of your discharge. Getting treatment serves two purposes: 1. One for healing and peace of mind, and 2. To start a paper trail. Let the VA doctors connect the dots and diagnose you with PTSD. Once you have this paper trail, you have evidence to support your claim. Never give up. Its a hell of a process, just keep at it

Ranger. Put your lay statement into a sworn affidavit. This should/may increase the value of your statement. Stay strong and good luck.

How do I do that?