Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Id Card

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://books.google.com/books?id=TpJNJK4Pn...ans&f=false

I dont know if it is the same thing but some survivors of vets can get one-I was told to make appointment with the closest Army Reserve near Corning- as they needed to take my picture for the card.

There is other info if you google military ID card-

Many here know best how to get one-

Funny thing- this link is from the book- VETERANS FOR DUMMIES

Heck why didnt we all think of that-with all the good info here-we would be on the NY Best Seller list and hadit would be more famous then it is now-

My early days in VA OLA land sure makes me know I was a dummy then when I think back.

Has any one bought this book yet?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Nope, haven't bought the book (heck, didn't EVEN KNOW about the book until you told me). But, buy it I will! Those "DUMMY" books ALWAYS have things in them that I didn't know................................hummmmmm? Gee? Could it be..........................NAW! I ain't no DUMMY! (he said, as he turned to the book and began voraciously reading it!)

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

A DD 214 is required.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Will check the library, ours is online and really easy. I am a proud local library user with my tax dollars at work. Kiddo got a few '...for dummy' books there, pretty fun stuff, ne learned to write a bit of basic&dos.

Berta, good reminder keep ID cards up to date; - have known widow and widowers (especially married again) forget change names on their cards.(roundtu'its) Also dependents in college really need a current ID card for benefits (healthcare and base access). My kiddos have er, lost thier cards on occassion, each time took me a whole day (active duty first!)for the 2 minute process.Me, I just want new mug shot from time to time.B)

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• In Memoriam

I just bought the book on Amazon.com. It was $13.59 @ amazon.com.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity