VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Note From Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Tdiu

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

This was entered into my file last week ,

Mr Sandman has been treated in the behavioral clinic since July 2009. He has the diagnosis of PTSD . MDD , OCD AND ALCOHOL DEPENDENCE IN FULL AND SUSTAINED REMISSION.

This veteran has not been able to work full time since Nov 2009 . In Dec 2009 he indicated he'd not been able to work for fear he'd " blow up " at people , and inability to complete jobs once he starts them.

He avoids leaving his home as much as possible due to his emotional liability , paranoia, phobias, inability to tolerate people for any period of time , becoming easily irritated and or intolerant of peoples idiosyncracies.

His level of distress is elevated to the point of his experiencing memory impairment as well as inability to concentrate . Mr Sandman has chronic suicidal thoughts, and is working diligently in individual therapy. His suicidal prevention plan is frequently addressed in therapy as he can be a high suicide risk due to previous lethal attempt with his most recent thoughts being in March 2011 . Due to this veterans severe symptoms,

it is felt by this writer that Mr Sandman is not employable now or in the forseeable future.

Does this bode well for my appeal on initial rating of 50 % and my claim for TDIU .

My attorney is Ken Carpenter , this will be submitted along with a letter from my psychologist as well .Thoughts on chances with this ?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

IMHO, This is perfect evidence to support your appeal. This should definately tip the scales in your favor for 100% TDIU. ~Wings

Does this bode well for my appeal on initial rating of 50 % and my claim for TDIU .

SANDMAN,

Is the 50% SC that shows in your profile - from the same "initial rating of 50 %" ?

Is your current SC at 50% and is it due solely to mental health ?