Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

C&p Exam Ptsd

Rate this question

Brother Gate

Question

It has taken me a while, but I finally had my c&p for PTSD. I got diagnosis with PTSD (moderate to severe) with my pre-existing 70% for GAD. I am trying to get TDIU since I have not been able to work. My question is from a line item of the examiner:

veteran employability: poor

Is veteran employable: yes

Is this a good thing?

Appreciate your input

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

In order to have success with either a TDIU or 100% P&T, a VA Dr. or a Dr. under contract with the VA must state in the report that your service connected disability prevents you from maintaining gainful employment and the reasons why. Carlie is right on with her post, your examiner in fact stated that you are good to go with employment. If you feel you should qualify for the TDIU or P&T you must provide evidence through the VA system stating you are a mess and can not work period!! This is a great forum for you to post all of your questions and concerns regarding your disability and what to expect plus the bonus of expert opinions and guidance. I thank GOD for leading me to this site in 2009.

The person who has nothing for which they are willing to fight,

nothing which is more important than they're own personal safety,

is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free,

unless made and kept so by the exertions of better persons

than himself.

Semper Fi

pigdriver

Just came across this topic, and was wondering about my case,, I am not sure the Doc for my ptsd claim looked at my work records from SS..? i had and have many issues with being employed, over 50 companies in 37 yrs.. also after i "retired" i tried to work at a pt job, and got into trouble with that place also, and they let me go... so now i stay at home and do not interact with outsiders,, other then who the wife brings home (her friends)...would this help or hinder my claim ?? thanks, sorry to hyjack your post..ryd..

In order to have success with either a TDIU or 100% P&T, a VA Dr. or a Dr. under contract with the VA must state in the report that your service connected disability prevents you from maintaining gainful employment and the reasons why. Carlie is right on with her post, your examiner in fact stated that you are good to go with employment. If you feel you should qualify for the TDIU or P&T you must provide evidence through the VA system stating you are a mess and can not work period!! This is a great forum for you to post all of your questions and concerns regarding your disability and what to expect plus the bonus of expert opinions and guidance. I thank GOD for leading me to this site in 2009.

Pigdriver stated the best conditions possible- that a VA MH provider says your SC disabilities prevent you from employment.

Whatever you get SSDI for would have to be service connected disabilities to have any impact on a TDIU claim.

I agree with what Carlie said to Brothergate althogh it seems to be two statements in conflict. I guess the doctor meant the prognosis for employability is poor but he or she might ave meant due to other factors separate from PTSD.

We are only reading two lines here from the entire report.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I don't have a scanner to translate the full document. Additional comments from c&p doctor stated: This 62 year old Vietnam Veteran with traumatic warzone exposures and subsequent psychosocial problems and polysubstance abuse has heen diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (70% rated disability) but currently endorses symptoms which also meet the criteria for PTSD. It is difficult to assess the affect of alcohol abuse on his symptoms and functional capacity over the years, but he denies recent use of substances of abuse. Symptoms of anxiety/panic and of PTSD seem chronic and have persisted despite sobriety. He is currently under treatement for his psychiatric symptoms at VA Medical Center.

I also had a general exam for Diabetes and Peripheral Neuropathy Bilateral:

Problem associated with the diagnosis: Diabetes Mellitus 2 effects on Usual Occupation and Resulting work Problem: Increased Absenteeism.

Effects on Occupational Activities: Lack of stamina; decreased strength: upper extremity; decreased strength: lower extremity.

Are There Effects of the Problem on Usual Activities? YES

diagnosis: peripheral neuropath bilateral

Problem associated with the Diagnosis: peripheral neuropathy bilateral

Effects on Usual Occupation and Resulting Work Problem: PAIN and INABILITY TO PERFORM DUTIES..

Effects on Occupational activities? YES

Description of the Effects of the Problem on Usual Daily Activities: due to the pain returned now remains mostly sedentary.

It could be possible that unemployability for PTSD is poor but does not preclude me from work but the general exam is more favorable. That's just my opinion. I will wait to see how VA interprets the results for TDIU. I am hopeful since I am rated 80% and have not worked since 2007. Hope this gives more insight.

Peace and Love to all my fellow brothers of yesterday, today and tomorrow.