Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Movie Coming Up On Hbo About Ptsd

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wasn't sure where to post this to get the most exposure. I caught part of a short movie titled "Wartorn 1861-2010" and executive produced by James Gandolfini, who played Tony Soprano, in "The Sopranos." I only caught about 20 minutes of it but it's on a couple of the HBO channels, on 11/27/2011, if anyone is interested. It looked fairly good, especially cuz there are some WWII vets interviewed in it. Sure makes me look look at Patton differently! jmo

pr

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I wasn't sure where to post this to get the most exposure. I caught part of a short movie titled "Wartorn 1861-2010" and executive produced by James Gandolfini, who played Tony Soprano, in "The Sopranos." I only caught about 20 minutes of it but it's on a couple of the HBO channels, on 11/27/2011, if anyone is interested. It looked fairly good, especially cuz there are some WWII vets interviewed in it. Sure makes me look look at Patton differently! jmo

pr

Philip, Make sure you remind us on the Nov. 26. I saw a part this movie too. I'm thinking that anybody that has PTSD or people that don't understand how it effect our life's. The depression, anxiety, and panic attack's-Etc!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

"On Oct 26, 2003 CNN presented an award winning documentary on PTSD and covered Iraq, Vietnam, and WWII= this was and still is the BEST PTSD documentary I have ever seen.

"Fit To Kill" - Crowley was the interviewer. I bought a copy of it from CNN.I haven't seen it on TV since.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks PR I believe this may be a repeat but I am going to look for it. Gandofini did a great job of asking simple questions and listening to what the Vets had to say. Its not easy to watch but uplifting at same time.

I may be confused this may be a second special I have not seen.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, you're probably right, as I think it's been on before. It looked good! It's funny, cuz when I see these things, I cry, cuz I know exactly how they feel and what they are going thru and I get so overwhelmed, especially if they need to deal w/the VA. Unfortunately, war takes it's toll both on the living and those who sacrifice by dying.

"Only the dead know the end of war!"

pr

Thanks PR I believe this may be a repeat but I am going to look for it. Gandofini did a great job of asking simple questions and listening to what the Vets had to say. Its not easy to watch but uplifting at same time.

I may be confused this may be a second special I have not seen.