VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I guess my question is, do you think they will go retro to 2003, or 2005.

The BVA granted, PTSD, obsessive compulsive disorder and major depression as service connected.

vet,

The effective date/s adjudicated will be spelled out in the rating decision.

If you are in disagreement with the date/s - then you would need to file a NOD

on the effective date/s assigned in the decision.

All 3 of those MH conditions (comorbid) will be rolled together and evaluated for percentage level, as one.

JMHO

Trying to stay busy, today is the 1st ever Easter Egg hunt at our VFW, had a lot to do with planning and getting donations for it. Should be a fun time for all the kids, weather is cooperating, Easter Bunny is ready to go, today I am going to enjoy time with my kids. Everytime I hear these kids laugh and see a smile on their faces I know a little healing is happening. It is a lot of hard work raising little ones again, but it keeps me on my toes. I have taken the "forward march" approach with them, kids are amazing how they overcome and adapt, they are true survivors. Happy Easter everyone!

I use the DAV also and there garbage JMO, I filed October 2010 and didn't hear anything from them till I called them today. They said my claim was assigned to a rater and that 18 months in a holding pattern was a little long. They said once or if they decide on my claim they would send me a notification letter. JMO the DAV is only good for people that need help filing but once the VA has it they drop the ball and don't update you on anything or use there power to ask the hard questions. What sucks for me is I'm a member of the MOPH since 2006 and I asked for there help and I was told they can't because the DAV is my POA and can't be changed till theres a decision. Is this true? If it is what tools do I have to remove the DAV because I'm obviously unhappy with there handling of this?

Semper Fi

What is MOPH

Not sure if you can change your POA, I would think you can anytime you want to, I used to have the american legion and loved that guy, but stupid me changed. I am a life member at DAV and VFW. I know what you mean, I have done all my own work at local level then the DAV at BVA level did a great job for me, so I am happy with that but not to pleased at local level.

What VARO has your claim?

Edited by vetinpa

Military Order of the Purple Heart (MOPH). Ya the DAV has made me very skeptical of any other agency. I'll have to send an IRIS to find out if I can change in the middle of my claim. I have done all my own claims also, but tried to use the DAV as a go between for information the VA seems to forget to tell me or just doesn't tell me. But my mistake can't turn the clock back now.