Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

"If it is what tools do I have to remove the DAV because I'm obviously unhappy with there handling of this?"

You can revoke their POA in writing.

Best to send it with proof of mailing.

You must also send the VARO a signed copy of the revocation.

Fax and email wont do it because they both need your signature.On my VARO copy ,I added a handwritten note on the bottom of the copy to DAV and signed and dated that as well.

I used a fax to revoke mine with both VARO and BVA. A fax is a legal document I have been advised. E mail is not. Mine was also typed not using a form. I was careful to address it to the regional manager and the head of BVA.

Hitting the 125 day mark on Tuesday, this is when the DAV says I should have an answer, we shall see, been patiently twiddling my thumbs here!!!

I adopted two more of my grand kids on 4/18, so I added them as dependants, we will see which gets approved first, my granted claim or my application for adding dependants.

Edited by vetinpa

So I call the DAV and there is nothing new, you would think that one could get a ball park answer anyway, can't get crap, uggggg, frustrating. So the DAV guy says everyday is building your vacation club or christmas club, ha ha, real funny.

BVA Decision --- granted service connection--- 12/30/2011 still nothing from VARO! Come on Pittsburgh!