Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Does This Mean

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

So I am told that both my gynecological and my anxiety issues are considered service connected, I have not recieved official word yet, ebenefits says it is "pending dispatch" The DAV tells me that now it will be sent back to the RO and I will have to have exams to figure out what the severity is to rate both of these.

Anxiety/PTSD was initially filed in 2002, I was denied during this claim and appealed it, will they go back to this date?

Gyno was filed in 2006. But I had information in my service record well before this, which date is relevant here??

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

What VARO do you have? I have Pittsburgh, I can't see anything on ebenefits since it went back to VARO for rating purposes. It is a ridiculousy long wait. Mine was sent back from BVA with a grant of benefits on 12/30/11, still waiting.

• HadIt.com Elder

My CUE claim was remanded back to the BVA from the CAVC in July 2011 to correct an error. It took them one year to do that and then I had to appeal it back to the CAVC. BVA used the wrong rating schedule to discuss my rating. It went to the CAVC with this error and it took them four months to find it. Time means nothing to these jerks. Of course, I have already waited 35 years without knowing their was an error in my original rating. Looking through my C-File and using what I learned here and the VBM I found the error. If you have a really old final decision go back and look at it.

I have an old decision, actually two denials, then appealed it and won it at BVA level, two issues, one I believe original date of claim was in 2003, but va is saying 2005, I will wait on this rating and see how far they go back, if they don't go back to the original, I guess I will be appealing that. This waiting is hard.