Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Was Granted In 37 Days!

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I turned 62 on 09/28/11. I went into the Social Security office and filed on 09/02/11.

I filed for SSDI and also for regular social security at the same time. This way I figured that I would receive the regular retirement while I would have to wait for SSDI.

I got a letter dated 10/10/11 stating that I would receive payment on or after 10/16/11 for SSDI. It was in our bank account a day or two after we got the letter and well before the 16th!!

This is what I took in with me on my 09/02/11 visit. I did not want to file it online, for I wanted them to have as many medical records as they could right then.

I carried in the following:

(1) I listed all doctors (non-VA & VA) with their addresses, phone numbers, patient ID #, and date first seen and date last seen.

(2) I listed therapist with the VA.

(3) I listed all hospitals, clinics, or emergency rooms. I included also the patient ID# and dates seen.

(4) I listed all my recent progress reports form my outside docs along with the recent VA progress notes.

(5) II listed all my medications and who prescribed them and what condition they were for.

(6) I listed all of the medical tests that were done with the location of the test and what doctor sent me.

(7) I listed how my illness limit my ability to work.

(8) I listed what my daily routine was.

(9) I listed things that I was able to do before I got sick and the things that I cannot do now.

(10) I then listed the things that I only could do now. Believe me I went into very very much detail. I left no doubt about anything.

(11) I listed how my PTSD has affected my life- what I was like before & how I am now,

I told the lady that I had more files at home that were related. I brought them in the next week and she copied an entire plastic tote (huge tote) there while we waited.

I just bombarded them with plenty of medical evidence so that they would not have any doubts about me being disabled.

I know this is a long posting, but I was hoping that this would help someone down the road!

THANK YOU HADIT MEMBERS-

THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Mrs. Rockman

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

FABULOUS NEWS! COngrats.

I never feel anyone can have too much evidence for SSA claims and VA claims.

Reminds me of the former vet reps I used to have- their mantra was 'dont send them (VA) too much'.

Yeah right. The reps didnt want to read it all.

SSDI awards like many VA awards require detailed info.

I used non VA info for my husband's SSA claim- an EEOC ADA case he won against a local federal contractor [

and also an EEOC case against VA that he lost.

The supervisor and some VA employees kept saying in testimony that he was crazy. His VA employment performance appraisals said his work was acceptable to their criteria.

He got an additional SSDI award for PTSD with more favorable date that the prior SSDI award for Stroke.