VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Combat Ptsd Mdd Psychotic Features Greenramp

Rate this question

82airborne

Question

I can't lie I have not. I'm just lost in space. Pain is UN bearable. My chest stomach back legs all have dull pain. That's my only problem. I'm not so depressed at this moment. I got a appointment for kaiser psych and pain management. So I'm getting help. I will be staying inside the house so I should be ok. Thanx for your concern. It helps believe me my family haven't even checked in on me. So being here is definitely a blessing. So Thanx. I'm not going any where. I will keep ya posted. Because I do enjoy having somebody to talk to. :^}

I do apologize for erasing my post. I got extra paranoid. I don't want to be locked up. For my crazy thoughts. Every story I wrote is true. But y'all gotta understand. I been in my house going on 4 years now. I'm almost not use to interacting with other people. I can't even be around my family. It's just me and this room.

It might help to listen to the recent Anniversary show we did too..........it is in the SVR archioves Jan 30th show.

Tbird, our webmaster, talked about her PTSD and then I revealed mine.......

We here dont have the rofessional expertise that the VA has to deall with these issues but most of us can relate to what you are going through.......venting helps

and you have the insight you need to make things get better ...for you and for those who know you and love you too....

This site is an Act of Love too........ so you are in great company......

All will be OK.........we can learn to control it so it has no control over us anymore........

Hey, 82nd, I hear you. There is no place more lonely than the land of military PTSD. Even your own self thinks you should just forget the past. Know what I mean?

But mainly I wanted to say thank you, and tell you that your post helped me. Not just because misery loves company, but because I didn't know that my tinnitus might be related to all the neurotin and gabepentin I've been taking for the last 6 years. The ringing used to be just at night, but now it's constant and LOUD. VA audiologist never said "hey, maybe it's the gabepentin...!", just that the ringing is likely due to age.

So thanks for the heads up about the connection. You've helped another vet today. :)

In my medical( non) opinion,gabpentin sucks! The side effects for me are horrible. I think they add it sometimes so they don't have to increase your pain meds. Does it really decrease leg pain that is latter diagnosed as Avascular Necrosis of the hip? All I heard for a year while I was complaining of leg pain was we need to increase your gabapentin. The reality was that I needed both my hips replaced. Sorry for the rant. Just sharing my frustration with VA medical care.

Mike.

Edited by kymike

82nd,

Members are being really supportive being here for you and others

but please keep in mind this does not provide the professional support that therapy does.

If you become very agitated, angry, suicidal or homicidal - seek professional help immediately.