Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Combat Ptsd Mdd Psychotic Features Greenramp

Rate this question

82airborne

Question

IM BACK. IM STILL TAKING PROZAK. I FEEL PRETTY DOPPED UP EVERYDAY. ALL I KAN DO IS LAY BACK AND WATCH TV. I have been much nicer to my girl and kids. They say they notice the difference with my anger. They say I'm more loving. Which I am trying to be nice. Low key i still feel rage deep inside of me. I know if I'm put in the wrong situation I will explode like a time bomb. A part of me crave the angry side of me. But truthly with all these meds I'm on I have no desire to even get into any confrontations with anybody. I'm still locked up in the house. I can't see myself leaving the house anytime soon. I will just go to doctor visits and stay home. I wish I can get rid of these violent thoughts that lay low deep inside of me. I wonder how counseling is gonna stop the violent thoughts I crave. Will medicine take this away from me. See when I feel like this it would be easy just to take a lighter heat it up and add another burn to my ring of burns on my arm. What's KRAZY is I've run out of things to occupy my mind with inside the house. Everything I got to occupy myself with bores me to death. My health isn't good enough to go fishing. I'm a little depressed with just watching tv all day. What's crazy also. I love my family to death but I have no desire on being around them. They just seem so different from me. It's like I'm the black sheep. Oh well it feels good to have a place to write are vent this stuff out. I have stopped smoking weed because I have been having breathing problems. Weed usually keeps my anger at bay. But I don't want to be on these psych meds and pain meds and smoke weed. I'm sure it hinders me from getting better mentally. Oh well I'm taking it day by day. Hidden from the world. OOOH well hope everybody have a nice weekend. Once again I wanna thank hadit.com for giving this wonderful place to vent. It really helps to ave a place to talk about your mental issues instead of keeping them locked inside.

• Founder

82airborne - Glad you are here with us. Brother you have got to stop adjusting your own medication you'll do more damage than good to yourself. It's a very dangerous thing and you are already in a rough place mentally, those drugs are meant to help you and I sincerely believe they can but you must take them as prescribed not to much and not to little. If you need to check yourself into the hospital because you are having dangerous thoughts then do it. My dosage got screwed up a few years ago and I checked myself in so they could get me leveled out. It's a hard thing to do, but it is not impossible. Sometimes the hospital is the best place to get stabilized. Please take care of yourself, we are pulling for you.

Thanx for the support I been following the doctors orders far as meds. He told me to take two after ten DAYZ. I stopped smoking weed that's the change. Long as I stay in this house I am cool. I would never harm family. The thing about kaiser they don't have real PTSD program. So I'm kinda flopping in the wind. I'm hoping to get service connected so I can go to the va for help. To tell you the truth this Prozac seems just to make me lazy. It really don't get rid of my violent thoughts. It makes me to lazy to even want to argue. I find myself sleep all day. Only way I act out violently if someone provokes me and since I stay in the house. I'm not put in a position to get angry. I don't know I just feel lost in a fog. No matter how many meds I take and how many shrinks I see I'm still not happy. It's like I'm just existing. Thanx for the feed back and I'm following my meds the way the doctor tell me to.

Ok I been taking this Prozac exactly like my psych told me. I'm starting to feel jittery just like when I was taking that Wellbutrin. My hands is starting to go back to shaking. Also my dreams are getting more vivid and my head hast started to have a light headache and I'm starting to have to use the restroom a lot at night. This is exactly what started happening when I flipped out last time. I'm not use to these PTSD pills. Somebody help. I don't see my psych till march 18. Should I continue these pills and call my psych in the mourning are wait it out and see if I flip out in the night. Last time I woke up I was ready to die. Everyday and it's getting worse I have been extra drowsy. I'm taking Prozac hydrocodone and methocarbamol. I have been feeling just icky inside like nausea. If anybody had these symptoms please let me know if they pass after that 4-6 week period. The meds have helped me with anger and being a more loving father so I don't want to loose that. but I don't want to wake up in a panick attack and I have stopped smoking weed. IM TAKING ALL ADVICE. I WILL BE CHECKING BACK EVERY SO MANY MINUTES IF SOMEBODY DECIDES TO GIVE ME ADVICE. AND TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY I DON'T WANT TO BE FLIPPED OUT TOMORROW FOR MY BIRTHDAY THANX FOR ANY ADVICE THAT COMES MY WAY.

Ok I been taking this Prozac exactly like my psych told me. I'm starting to feel jittery just like when I was taking that Wellbutrin. My hands is starting to go back to shaking. Also my dreams are getting more vivid and my head hast started to have a light headache and I'm starting to have to use the restroom a lot at night. This is exactly what started happening when I flipped out last time. I'm not use to these PTSD pills. Somebody help. I don't see my psych till march 18. Should I continue these pills and call my psych in the mourning are wait it out and see if I flip out in the night. Last time I woke up I was ready to die. Everyday and it's getting worse I have been extra drowsy. I'm taking Prozac hydrocodone and methocarbamol. I have been feeling just icky inside like nausea. If anybody had these symptoms please let me know if they pass after that 4-6 week period. The meds have helped me with anger and being a more loving father so I don't want to loose that. but I don't want to wake up in a panick attack and I have stopped smoking weed. IM TAKING ALL ADVICE. I WILL BE CHECKING BACK EVERY SO MANY MINUTES IF SOMEBODY DECIDES TO GIVE ME ADVICE. AND TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY I DON'T WANT TO BE FLIPPED OUT TOMORROW FOR MY BIRTHDAY THANX FOR ANY ADVICE THAT COMES MY WAY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

It's not just the mental health (MH) meds that are making you tired -

it much more likely that the pain meds of hydrocodone and muscle relaver, methocarbamol

is what's making you sleepy.

Meds for MH usually take several months to get adjusted to the best level

for each individual patient.

They ARE NOT the type of meds you can just take a few times or weeks

and be able to know if they are helpful or not.

They have to get to what called a therapeutic level.

JMHO

Thanx Carlie. I wanted to know should I ride out the side affects that's starting to come. Does the jittery head ache stuff stop. Is it normal until it reaches it's therapeutic level then it will stop. Thanx again for your help.