VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Non-Combat Ptsd Mdd Psychotic Features Greenramp

Rate this question

82airborne

Question

Thanx I appreciate all the input. I'm happy to see all the input that was shared. I have come down with the flu. That's why I'm just now responding. BERTA I WILL CHECK OUT THE ARCHIVE YOU SPOKE OF. Yeah gabapentin naproxen is garbage. I got groin pain ear ringing. That stuff just did me wrong. I see my psych Monday. I'm going to continue w,ith therapy. My psych told me I probably be on meds for some years. So I know My recovery will take years I'm in it for the long haul. What did help some for back pain at night was methocarbamol which is for muscle spasms and hydrocodone. Those two pretty much take away all the pain from sleeping to long. I haven't had any side affects from this combination. STAY AWAY FROM TRAMADOL also I had bad sides from that also. Thanx again everybody I'm on my way back to bed this flu is kickin my tale.

I was wondering. I am a artist. I draw. I do autocad as well. Is PTSD the reason why I can't finish none of my drawings. Out of all the blue prints I've done I never truly finished one drawing. Even regular drawings I never truly finish none of my drawings. Also if anybody can answer this. I can memorize technical information like a champ but I can't remember the people I grew up with. They names nothing. Here's a example. My buddy called me on a three way call. Another guy popped on the phone and said his name like I was suppose to know him. All I could do was play it off like OOOH yeah I remember you but in all reality I had no idea who he was. Also when I'm leaving the house. I swear I go back and forth to the door trying to remember if I locked the door. After leaving I know I checked to see if I locked the door but I go around the corner and I can't remember if I truly locked the door. Thanx for your answers in advance I know somebody will help me. If PTSD is causing this is it any way I can regain my memory of child hood friends and make myself able to finish my drawings. I would really love to be able to finish my art work.

Hey, 82nd, I hear you. There is no place more lonely than the land of military PTSD. Even your own self thinks you should just forget the past. Know what I mean?

But mainly I wanted to say thank you, and tell you that your post helped me. Not just because misery loves company, but because I didn't know that my tinnitus might be related to all the neurotin and gabepentin I've been taking for the last 6 years. The ringing used to be just at night, but now it's constant and LOUD. VA audiologist never said "hey, maybe it's the gabepentin...!", just that the ringing is likely due to age.

So thanks for the heads up about the connection. You've helped another vet today. :)

:^}

• HadIt.com Elder

If at some point you need to go into the hospital do it. You and your GF must remain safe. If you really feel you are going to hurt yourself or others go to the VA and get yourself admitted. I did it before some years ago.

Nah I would never hurt my family. In my whole entire life I never put a hand on my women. When I sleep I get a little crazy but I'm not that bad. I've learned to stay away from things that upset me. Believe me if it gets that bad I will Check myself into the E.R. I DON'T BELIEVE IN HARMING WOMEN. I go thru more anti social problems and depression. I'm in the middle of getting help

Well I visited my psych. My new medicine will be Prozac. He is starting me with a low dosage to see if i have side affects. Hopefully this one will do the job. He isnt going to give me sleep or nightmare pillz he is going to prescribe me them one by one. All the time im on these meds i will remain inside the house away from society until i know what the effects will be. Tomorrow will be pain management OPOIDS. HMMMM hopefully this will ease my pain. I have to take classes on pain management which i did try to get out of i really dont want to be around a whole bunch of germy people. But oh well maybe its meant for me to get out of my bubble.