VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Home Depot And Veterans

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

I just found out thru a friend that Home Depot will rebuild a vets home if they did not have insurance to cover the loss.

It's called the Home Depot Foundation. They will rebuild it for free. A friend's parents house just burned down a couple of weeks ago and she is trying to help them find some help because they didn't have property insurance (dumb) and she told me about it. Unfortunately, her dad or mother is not a vet. You do have to be a vet to use the program. I don't know what the particulars are on the program.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yep, Home Depot is the only home improvement that will give a vet, with valid id, 10% of any items bought in the store regular price and sale priced items too! Lowes will do it on regular priced items only, and Menards NOT! They did here in the midwest store for the 1st 6 months they opened, and NEVER on sale items...BTW home depot doesn"t restrict the amont you may spend to save...$1000, and saved $100. I was a happy camper, and I really saved more cause it was on sale.

Kudos to Home Depot, Lowes and all the other merchants who honor veterans with more than lip service. smile.png

Here's link to Home Depot Foundation http://www.homedepotfoundation.org/ and another for military benefits in your state http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-state-benefits/state-veterans-benefits-directory.html

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of the discounts used to up to local management but Home Depot and Lowes in Dallas have always given the discount of 10%. For awhile it was just on Veteran Holiday Weekends. All Veterans should ask for a Discount you would be surprised at how many give it. Some food places give 20%.

• HadIt.com Elder

I always ask at Lowe's if they give a military discount and then show them my DoD MWR card. Usually a supervisor has to come over view the ID and punch in their code but I always get 10% off and it's on all items, including sale items. I stopped using Home Depot a few yrs back when I realized Lowe's gives 10% all the time.

pr