Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Running Out Of Energy

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

I am running out of energy to fight the VA. Every contention that I was denied on due to no manifestations in service records is actually in my service records. When I requested my c-file I found more then enough records that pertained to my denied contentions. There are four contentions, Fibromyalgia, Re-accruing Major Depression with anxious distress moderate GAF 50 never higher than 52 in the last 8 years (Doc is currently marking my records RO on PTSD I don’t care what they call it), Bulge in C-4,5,7 and plantar fasciitis.

I filled a CUE because I missed my 1 year mark, my Ro has also opened up an Authorization Review looking at the records that were not considered yet. The Cue is new the Authorization Review has been setting in the under review phase for a year now.

Sorry about the negativity I just need a place to vent as my depression and Fibro get wore, it becomes harder and harder to stay working in my choosing profession

What are you currently service connected for?

Keep in mind that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Meaning, If you found records that proves you were treated for fibromyagia and depression instead of filing a CUE claim you can file a reopen claim and then wait to file an EED, both should be faster than filing a CUE. I know, But a Cue claim take years and very hard to win, you can use you records to prove that VA had them in their possession at the time of the original rating.

With fibromyalgia I fully understand your frustration. The medication that they put you only makes it worst. All I can say is don't give up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe it's time to get the TV News people involved. The problem, as I see it, is that no one is actually looking at the records. I feel you need to get the TV people involved and get it to the CAVC. What happens is the new person always assumes the previous person did it correctly and never looks further. Sorry but that's the way it is. Stay the course and you will win. Ask asknod. jmo

pr

Pete how would I go about that, at this point I am willing to try anything new, I am service connected for sleep apnea 50, IBS30, Tinnitus10, valvular heart disease0, hydronaphosis 0, Allergic rhinitis 0. All denied contentions were found in my STRS after I asked for a copy of my C-file and STRS. I was on tricyclic's while in the Air Force for body pain and was seen right after the neck injury occurred and was in and out of mental health my last two years.

I even met with a services Officers who works for the VA he swears he emailed my RO explaining the situation and that I could provide all the records to them, he said he was told to back off the authorization review will end when they get to he also swears he was disciplined for emailing the RO.

I never felt like I should have to file a cue to get them to do the right thing. My current VA Doc will not even allow me to bring up the fibro he wont even look at my AF records I was asking for medical clearance for a walk to wellness program at the VA he said choose in-between your neck and body pain and the medical clearance. I just said Doc we can simpaly make 10 years of records go away.

Edited by WVSERVER

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't give up. You earned the benefits and if you hang in will get them.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

If you miss a deadline, cue is the only way to get original effective date. These folks are looking at a set of instructions called the M21.

Doing the right thing is not in their scope or abilities.

J