Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Kkp Hadit

Rate this question

kkp

Question

This is not a good day so please excuse mistakes I typed this once and somehow I lost it, thats a big thing for me because I am such a slow typer.

I have decided to go with Dr. Bash on my knee as I am tired of fooling with the local ro., and a green rep to boot.

I spent most of the weekend putting together the materal Dr Bash requested. I have it all ready to send except a letter from my wife he requested. She is working today but called and said she has it ready, so I will fed-x it tommorow. I will say this concerning the debate thats been going on about Dr Bash. He told me after talking on the phone that he thought I have a very strong case, and winnable. However he said after examining my file he would send my money back if he changed his mind. If decides to write imo he would like to skip the local ro and have my case docketed in DC. He seems to think it could be on docket within three months there

As some will remember I am 50% ptsd/mdd. I had been denied a 70% appeal and was appealing to the panel of judges that travel to ro's. When I filed my claim on my sc knee the ptsd claim was put on hold until the knee issue was resolved. My knee claim was denied and when I called the ro about the status of my ptsd claim, I was told since I had sent in another imo from a board certified shrink it would have to go back befor the rating board at the ro . If I disagreed with that decisicn I could reappeal to the panel of judges.since it was going to be reviewed again I went to the VA and got copies of my progress reports and took to my rep. I also ask him to fill out an tdui. He said they wouldn't accept it since I hadn't reaced the percentages they required. I thought he was wrong didn't know what to do so I posted it here

When I seen how IRATE Berta, Vike17, and others were I knew I was right. Berta sent me a copy of the form 21-8940. I filled it out over the week end along with a letter from my wife explaining how the meds affected me to the point that I couln't work. My wife wanted me to dictate a letter so she could type it. I told her no I would hand write it. After she read my letter she asked me if I would post it here on hadit and get you guys oppinion. I dont know how to cut and paste so i'll just type what I wrote

dear people at ro

anyone who would give me a job proably takes more meds than I do

i take 16 prescription from the va 4 of those are for ptsd. i cant even trust my self to take my own meds. i stay so dizzy and tired i cant seem to think straight.my wife puts them in a pill box for the week. i even screw this up, sometimes i take todays noon pills out of tomorrow space

the ptsd meds are alprazolam0.5 4 aday. quetiapine fumarate 25 mg-3 at bed timeand i still dont sleep four hours a night. bepropion 100 mg 1 1/2 two times aday sertraline 150mg daily for ptsd/mdd it says on this paper i am reading going to change this to citalopram 40 mg a day.

i dont drive much anymore,

. idint even go out much anymore.

as far as working concider this my resume. i could proably work for you guys because you guys understand and maybe let me work at home.

thank

----------------

my wife wanted to type this but i can still write.

My wife thinks this may not be well recieved. I'm not so sure I think alot of the fokes down there think we are idiots. COME BACK BERTA VIKE 17 AND ALL OTHERS WHO HAVE SERIOUS OPINIONS.

By the way Dr Bash thinks if I havn't got a decision on the ptsd, I should waive it also and have it all taken care of in DC where he can help, and possibly have this over with one way or another in a few months. Opine please

kkp

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I believe that when a vet and even their wife sends the VA a heartfelt letter like this- which also makes sense- they are taking the bull by the horns.

I write some strong stuff to them too- and so did my husband-they sent me a CUE denial based on "The veteran never filed a Sec 1151 claim in his lifetime"

I replied "The HELL he didnt- and reminded them his claim is right in my c file and I re-opened it- when he died- how could I have gotten DIC without it- it was his claim and his charges were proven."

Funny thing is -that has nothing to do with the CUE claim anyhow but I take every opportunity I can to show them how erroneous they are.Actually the guy who sent me the letter actually apppeared to have read the claim and it looked like he was pulling straws. This is at a higher level now with an appeals coach.I had VA's own case law to support this CUE.

I dont see at all where Craig is going on the docket with the BVA stuff-but you just reminded me to tell him I got the remand I wanted very fast and the status now is they are working on the AO claim and the SMC CUE all together-he just wrote an additional IMO for me- they never read the first one at all.

Did you get a VCAA letter where they highlighted or underlined in it what you needed to succeed?

I would- if I were you-file the TDIU form and the IMO, if Dr. BAsh can help, and remind them if they did not send you a VCAA letter because they arent supposed to deny a claim without first sending one-

and I predict that your claim might well be resolved at the RO level.

I also suggest that you send them copies of internet printouts or from the flyer that comes with your meds to show them specifics on how these meds affect you.

There is nothing better than a letter from the wife too---

a wife cannot help prove a stressor but in many ways a wifes letter can help a claim.

I would take out the "work at home" part because they might feel this shows you are employable.

Dr. BAsh will need the last SOC you got -I am sure- to see why they denied-

I have an awful feeling you didnt get a VCAA Letter specific to your claim- did you?

If you didnt get one they have denied due to a procedural error that is prejudicial to your claim.

I just used that against them and only when they read my 3 IMOS, does their error become moot.

I got so mad at an SSOC once, over their "expert" opinion over my husband's death that I sent them some of his ashes. It caused quite a ruskus at the VARO when they opened a paxket of cremains. I also filed a charge of murder against Sec Jesse Brown.

Unfortunately some of us have to do whatever it takes to get them to address our evidence.

This is the only way I got my last 3 claims resolved.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is just my honest opinion.

I think that your letter is straight from the heart and should be sent to the R. O as you have it written and sign it and have the date and your file number or social security number on it.

Do have your wife write her letter and if she prefers to type hers, that would be fine, but leave yours in your hand writing.

Please do as Berta said and take out the part about the work at home.

I don't carry a lot of Va knowledge with me, but I can tell a sincere letter when I read one.

God Bless,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

I wrote more than one letter I wish I could have back. My wife's favorite was when I finished one and said " I hope that Ross Perot wins the election (1992) and privitizes the VA and fires your worthless asses"

Come to think of it I still wish that something along those lines would happen.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think most of the big shots at the VA should be hanged but what's the use of telling them my secret fantasy.

The VA is populated by hacks and incompetents and that is what we have to deal with.....yuck! I just try and slip things by them and get my money. If I can get my CUE and get my discharge changed to a medical I will smile at doing the impossible. If I get my discharge changed to a medical can I get Tricare? Alex says their is money in it for me if I can pull it off.

Well Berta and the rest of the gang

Berta if I was ever on a debate team, I sure would want you on my team. I expect when one of your letters comes into the New York ro they all run for cover. If allowed I imagine your late Husband has formed a cheering section in Heaven. Some day we'll know , won't we ?

Well I took my material to my rep taday, I used your courage as I'm a little bashful. It included My hand written letter( work at home taken out Josephine) Berta I did as you suggested and got copies of my meds off the internet, all four of them and then highlighted all the side effects that pertained to me. It look like a yellow Zebra when I finished.I took a very heart felt letter from my Wife, a filled out copy of the21-8940 form for (unemployability) A copy of authroity: 38 U.S.C. 501 that plainly states you can qaulify for Unemployability wihtout certain percentages.

Well. to say the least he didn't sound to pleased. I heard him say under his breath they will just kick it back. I asked him what he said and he said he was just thinking out loud. I told Him I heard what he was thinking, and ask Him to read to me what article 38 u.s.c. 501 said. He turned kind of red, and then I told him I knew what he had been taught, but this is their regulations not mine. I also told Him even if they kick it back I have at least confirmed a starting date.

Believe it or not He seemed happy when I left as if I had taught him something.

I expect most Vets would agree that none of us wanted COMBAT, but faced with it The courage was there, and we did what had to be done. We knew the rules of combat, we had been trained to survive. Well this is kind of like combat to me but without a rifle.

I feel like I have just finished basic training and now I.m ready for a.i.t. I wont speak for anyone but myself now. You Gals are braver than I am when it comes to this typy of war. and I want to add my appreciation to you guys for your support thank as always.

kkp