VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pharmacy Canceled My Anti-Depressant Prescription I Ended Up At The Er

Rate this topic

• Founder

Here is the deal my refill had run out, my doctor wrote new prescription with refills on Tues and the a pharmacist canceled the order on Thurs in reason they put a note "please make part of a complex order" I have no idea if my doc even knows what happened and today is holiday so won't hear from anyone until maybe tomorrow.

• HadIt.com Elder

The opiates are the problem. If I ever told VA I wanted to get off them I am sure I would never be able to get them again. I have chronic pain. I don't know when it will flare up. An oxycodone pill goes for $10 on the street from what I am told. This is because oxy and hydrocodone are now Level Two narcotics just like morphine. I think Tramadol is now in the same category. I think even drugs for ADD are level two these days. Just because a small minority abuse them they make them taboo. Alcohol is abused by a small and dangerous minority, and you can buy it at 7/11 with an ID card. This does not make sense, and is just based on ignorance and prejudice. Opiates were legal and widely used in USA until 20th Century. Abuse was a problem but addicted people did not face years in prison. This fuels the cartels and all the chaos in Mexico and Latin America. These crazy DEA/FDA laws have created a naro/terrorisit state on our southern border. If I was terminal with major pain I would be looking for assisted suicide, or I would assist myself. Chronic severe pain leads to severe depression and I don't want to live like that. I am not at that stage but I think and hope that I avoid it.

Why does VA brand us all potential drug dealers just because we get script for Percoset. I am almost 65 years old. I sure don't need to deal drugs at my age. I am waiting now for my next shipment of pain meds. I will run out of pain patches and I have no idea when I am to get new ones. My delivery dates are so mixed up due to VA. I did paperwork for new script weeks ago, but UPS shipes them whenever.

John

This is part of the brainiac "meds by mail", probably to save money. Why should they make it difficult to get them at your VA with a prescription? I can not see how it is more efficient to mail meds out than to dispense from the hosptial...except they may save labor having a robot count pills in a national facility. Even then postage is expensive and its doubtful that it really does save money...but if it does it worsens health care. What part of "I need my meds now" do they not get, and this is not compatable with the post office.

Often, because of meds by mail, the VA fills 2 prescriptions when one will do. That costs money. You see, if you are out of meds and you do go to local VA, they only give you 10 days worth. So, you have to get 2 meds refilled, and postage, for what one refill should do.

VA pharmacies...well they are "VA'd UP". VA'd up is worse, much worse than fouled up, because you can untangle a simple fouled up. But not VA'd up...that can not be untangled for decades.

Edited by broncovet

I am having issues with my pain meds now. I cant my Dr's nurse to call me back and the VA just discontinued my pain meds this month. My Dr didnt but the main VA did so now I am trying to deal with that. I need to quit my job so I can manage my so called earned health care. Dont know what else to say............

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it is time to contact our representatives about this Scandal. If the Pharmacy cuts prescription cost, Guess what these Vermin get??????? A big fat Bonus.

Now this is similar to the Other scandals going on at the VA.

Lets blow this one up. We have the numbers to do so.

Leave no one behind, Not on a desert trail, A Jungel trail, Not even a paper trail.

Basser