VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pharmacy Canceled My Anti-Depressant Prescription I Ended Up At The Er

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

+1 to what jbasser said

(gets on soapbox)

If the VA claims to care so much...

instead of calling to say they cancelled your meds, they should call every Veteran when their prescriptions are close to expiring and asking if they need them renewed, refilled, mailed, or ready to pickup at the window. There is no reason why a Veteran should have to chase down their doc to get a prescription renewed and hope the doc gets the myhealthevet secure message or call the VA nurse line an wait on hold for an hour for prescriptions that they have been receiving and rely on!

(gets off soapbox)

Also, btw, the Birmingham VAMC stopped routine refill pickup at the window a few years back... If you need to pick something up at the window, it has to be a script specifically tagged for window pickup by your doc. Gee, thanks...

At VAMC Tucson you have to call an answering machine to order refills of opiates. Recently, (and I'm not kidding) they began turning the answering machine OFF at 4:00 pm!! (just like the employees, it is more like 3:40pm!) Do you think that they don't want to pay the machine overtime. Does the answering machine go home, does it get sick, does it go on vacation. I know the SC says corporations are people, but answering machines? Give me a break! This is one of the most dumbass ideas I have ever heard of in my life. I would love to hear some reasonable explanation for this but cannot get anyone to even try.

Wow Jim,

That machine probably has higher reliability (when working) than some of the employees. Either that or they set it to record something like 10 messages before it gets full... Time to contact the patient representative and cross fingers...

I am ready to do what needs to be done. Need me to go in there all crazy like. I can stop taking some of my meds which I am getting on tme at the moment. Seeing I am having trouble due to being off others this week. I am ready to put my car thru their front dooe and my foot in their ass. Getting to that point when those thoughts enter my mind. Not saying I will do that but it is in my head lol

But really there are some great people there. The system is greatly flawed and the way they treat us like second rate citizens and drug dealers when we take the meds they give us and we perform by being succesful then the f*cking DEA comes in and wants to ruin our lives so we cant work due to the pain. I wish the terrorist groups would concentrate on those aholes instead of innocent people.

BTW where is a good place to purchase pain meds on the street? I am gonna need them since VA isnt gonna take care of me anymore. I think of death and pain and war more pain ev ery very stinking day memories wont go away and I will project that on them and lose control. I am losing it here so going to chill and take a few ambien and go night night with no nightmares which I may run out of in a few weeks then all hell brakes lose. I am getting help Thurs morning at least attempt to. We need to band together and fight these f*ckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VET201060 OUT

Edited by vet201060