VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Increase?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

My husbands C&P exam is coming up very soon and he would like me to ask if there is anything he should or should not say about how he feels and what he is going through ? He just got out of the psyc ward per his Psychiatrists advice and it did not improve his situation. Any responses will be appreciated. He said that he just does not want to mess up. His exams are for PTSD with major depressive disorder and migraines. I think it is a C&P exam for his unemployability.Thank you in advance.

The C&P exams went well, they both said they were going to mimic what the other exam in 2012 said. The same as last time in where the examiner stated that my husband was unable to work due to PTSD and depression. He told the truth and she would not let him out of the room until he told her he would not kill himself today and she gave him a card for the suicide hotline. The medical records and C&P exams are in his favor so far... I was just frustrated because i thought the C&P exam was for an appeal and come to find out it was to see if he got better. They could have actually read his medical records for that.. Why have him relive the issues.. Thanks for responding.

• HadIt.com Elder

vistagirl,

Go to the VAMC where he had the C& P exam and get copies of that particular exam...sometimes them examiner's will say things you didn't say or make up things and just write what they want to...it helps to see what they said...gives you more time to rebutle or Disagree incase you need to!

Thank you for your response. I got a copy of his last one in 2012 and that was pretty accurate and I will wait about a week for this one.. Hopefully they will have competed it and i will be able to get it from medical records. I get all his records ( In military and VA) and file them at home.

You don't have the right to remain silent but remember, everything he says can and will be used either for him or against him. Be honest and answer questions but ask for clarification if he doesn't completely understand.

I've been through a PTSD C&P by a VA Staff Psychiatrist back in 2010, it wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with the current VA PTSD DBQ. This is what the Dr. is going to complete for the VA Rating Dept Decision. When I got done with my C&P I asked the Dr if I had PTSD. He said yes but didn't elaborate as to what degree. I ended up with a 70%, thought I was good for 30 possibly 50, go figure.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Thank you for your response. This was his 6th C&P exam and the 3rd mental health C&P exam. He has memory problems and he cannot remember them and asks me to ask everyone on here. I do that because it makes him feel a little better. The mental health C&P exams have always been the same since he got out of the military..... first time he got 50% and the second time he got 70%.. It is like they are really trying to not give him unemployability and i wonder if it is because he is in his early 30's. All his records promote unemployability, they just do not want to give it to him. Only time will tell... he went to his C&P yesterday, woke up to prep for notification and at 330 it went back to gathering of evidence.. It has been a roller coaster..