VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Examination Required

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

The Social Security Administration has made 2 appointments for me in January. One for my PTSD and one for back problems. I have heard it is a sign that they are trying to deny you if they send you to a private doctor, which they are doing in my case.

any input appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

You want to stop their crap. Have you sent your VA credentials showing 100 percent to the SSA. They have a Program for Disabled Vets. If you are P and T that really helps.

http://www.ssa.gov/people/veterans/

JBasser

My wife went through one a couple months ago. She also attended my C&P exam for PTSD. She said it was not as scripted or as in-depth as the VA exam. I would make sure you take a copy of your VA C&P exam with you and don't understate things. My wife is probably why I got 70% instead of 30%. We tend to understate things as compared to what our friends and family see. Remember to talk about your worst days not your best. Good Luck, I will be filing sometime early next year after I get released by the Army Reserves.