Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Denied. Says I Can Be A Cashier.

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

Anyone know of a good lawyer to contact in SoCal? It basically said that I was denied because I can still perform work that I did 12 years ago as a cashier. Even though it shows that I have clear panic attacks in public. I figured it would happen but hoped for the best. Next step: lawyer up. Thanks in advance!

-Mario

My husband used Binder and Binder out of Long Island, NYC. We're in Louisiana. He was approved on his first try based strictly on service connected disabilities. They knew what questions were going to be asked and what needed to be proven before we actually got too deep into the process. We transacted business by phone, fax and email. They were very thorough and we were most pleased with the results. It's my understanding that this is all they do and have been in business for a long time.

whatever you do dont get an ex jag lawyer near a military town . they seem to have that rank AND File mentality etched onto into thier brains, , and if the judge says NO,. THEY RUN !!!

My attorney didnt say much at all, an opening statement that I found quite sparse, and that was it. He didnt argue anything, If Id known that, I would have told him to wait in the parking lot and let me do the arguing.

I was not impressed AT ALL.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Social Security denies 75% of claims filed,no matter what your disability is.There goal is to get you disgusted,so you give up with your claim.That is there main purpose,they are evil.Dont give up the fight.

Alright then, it's been a while since I have logged on here.

Update:

Still waiting. I got connected to ALLSUP through a family friend who is collecting SSDI, and aside from having a website to check that my status is still "Pending at the reconsideration level" I don't know that there is much going on. I received and filled out a second packet of questions that I filled out in my initial claim. My wife did a second one too that they sent us. My assumption is that they are trying to catch us in a lie (but that may just be my paranoia talking). So who knows what's gonna happen. My year long state disability is going to run out at the end of November and we're still kinda stressing about that.

Anyway, on my last claim from last October, that awarded me my 100% with SMC-S, I was denied for some stomach issues (IBS, GERD and Gastritis) that they said weren't service connected, but "likely aggravated by but not caused by PTSD". It literally says that in the decision letter. So I am waiting for my appeal on that. E benefits says that they're in the Prep for Decision phase and I should receive my answer shortly..... by November 2016!

So, there's that. hope everyone is doing well and hopefully I can keep on this site more often, I don't know much but I have a wealth of knowledge to pick from here. Thanks everyone. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I'm surprised they don't tell people they are qualified to be an SSDI adjudicator