Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Denied. Says I Can Be A Cashier.

Rate this question

mariorivera830

Question

Anyone know of a good lawyer to contact in SoCal? It basically said that I was denied because I can still perform work that I did 12 years ago as a cashier. Even though it shows that I have clear panic attacks in public. I figured it would happen but hoped for the best. Next step: lawyer up. Thanks in advance!

-Mario

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hire someone? With what? Geez...

Anyone know of a good lawyer to contact in SoCal? It basically said that I was denied because I can still perform work that I did 12 years ago as a cashier. Even though it shows that I have clear panic attacks in public. I figured it would happen but hoped for the best. Next step: lawyer up. Thanks in advance!

-Mario

Mario if this is the first denial then don't worry because whenever you file for benefits the STATE makes a decision. It happens with what 80% of all SSDI claims. Research in your area for SSDI attorneys.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hire someone? With what? Geez...

The real problem, in my opinion, was that he is not a member of a recognized minority group, and lives in a nicer older home in a relatively affluent area.

The SSDI decision was made in an adjacent large city (Obamaville) and it looks like by various members of a large minority group.

(Just say'in)

Where I live, just one of his disabilities would have likely qualified him for SSDI, and if a Vietnam veteran, VA disability as well. Has to do with climbing ladders, etc.

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually if a veteran is awarded  SC 100% or SC combined ratings and gets CFR 's  Extra -schedular rating for TDIU P&T because his/her disability's keeps him from working   the SSDI usually approves  which I am TDIU P&T but in my case they (SSDI) denied   the're reason was my disability did not meet the SSDI criteria   as it does with the VA criteria..so go figure....I appealed twice and was denied so I just gave -up

I went ahead and filed for SS Retirement when I turn 62  but I been thinking about refiling for the SSDI...of course this was 14 years ago when I applied for the SSDI  so no retro now, but a few extra 100 bucks monthly  sure would come in handy....for anyone!

I got a VA  claim in at present for PTSD if approved I been thinking about refiling for SSDI and they can drop the SS Retirement as to which at present only pays 1000 month.

this denial with SSDI was from the Dallas Tx AreaI

I am a vietnam veteran with two year's tour  but I don't think it matters to SSDI    What matters to them is your disability absolutely keeps you from doing any kind of work&medical proof to show it..

..........Buck

Edited by Buck52

BE Safe because like me your Panic Attacks will cause you to be antisocial...I don't even go to my family's houses anymore they have to come to me. Its that bad. Just find something that allows you to get out.