Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular

Rate this topic

K9MAL

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were denied Chapter 35 benefits you can appeal that right away. It will take the VA at least a year to review your claim for Chapter 35 and by that time you may have met criteria for P&T. I would not wait five years to apply for P&T. When I was denied Chapter 35 (P&T) I appealed right away. I also went out and got an IME to bolster my claim. P&T is really worthwhile to you and your family. Make that your first goal. If you did not get everything you asked for then file the NOD. If you don't you lose any chance at getting an EED realistically. The NOD is the most powerful tool you have. It opens the door for all normal appeals. A CUE is very much abby-normal with rules from Mars.

If you were denied Chapter 35 benefits you can appeal that right away. It will take the VA at least a year to review your claim for Chapter 35 and by that time you may have met criteria for P&T. I would not wait five years to apply for P&T. When I was denied Chapter 35 (P&T) I appealed right away. I also went out and got an IME to bolster my claim. P&T is really worthwhile to you and your family. Make that your first goal. If you did not get everything you asked for then file the NOD. If you don't you lose any chance at getting an EED realistically. The NOD is the most powerful tool you have. It opens the door for all normal appeals. A CUE is very much abby-normal with rules from Mars.

I spoke to the VA today and the lady said I'm scheduled for a review in February 2020. She said I do get commissary privileges but P&T wasn't in effect at this point.

How do you appeal Chapter 35 benefits? I don't know even know where to get started with that type of appeal.

Congrats,

It is great to here that a Veteran can take a sigh of relief, a fresh breath of non frustrating state of mind. I hope that the biggest fight for you rights to benefits are coming to a close and that you can put this chapter behind you. It's amazing how Veterans who understand each other from battlefield to Civilian life and reach out to lend a hand to one another, it is truly awesome and amazing. I have to say that if everyone from state officials, Reps, RO's and on would keep this emphasis then there would be less Veterans suffering. I really hope that this new VA staff changes things across the board were there is more direct empathy and support to our Veteran instead of scrutiny.

Not only K9MAL but everyone on this Forum and who has helped out should pat there self on the back, i know that some of who have posted have helped me through your unselfishness.

Great Job on helping Veterans Everyone.... Spread the knowledge...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use